Trip to feed store leads to political arguement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought...

Several comments have been made criticizing a stranger in the feed store for "attacking" the OP's opinion. Ones opinion cannot be attacked if it is not "put on the chopping block". Just like a revealing attire attracts attention, so does openly discussing ones views. A harlot's garb attracts attention from the slums of society just as it is noticed by upper class. Sometimes it pays to keep ones mouth shut... I remember a time when telling someone who YOU voted for was taboo, much less who THEY should vote for.

BTW, politically, the country would be a better place if voters focused less on electing smooth talking money hungry politicians (BOTH parties) and demanded LEADERS; we do this to our selves. What this country needs: morally true LEADERS! Leaders ride into battle IN FRONT of their troops, not hiding in the shadows like modern day "BINUSS-MEN" who call themselves politicians.

Off my soapbox now...:D

My Granny always said,"Never talk religion or politics at the feed store."
She was a smart lady.

This ain't going to last long, and a whole bunch a members are going to be getting PMs from the forum police!

For what it's worth-- if you are going to be offended by some one's opinion, it's best not to talk about politics at all.

And I am straining, biting at the leash, but I promise not one comment yeah nay for or against, from me.

Just a thought...
Several comments have been made criticizing a stranger in the feed store for "attacking" the OP's opinion. Ones opinion cannot be attacked if it is not "put on the chopping block". Just like a revealing attire attracts attention, so does openly discussing ones views. A harlot's garb attracts attention from the slums of society just as it is noticed by upper class. Sometimes it pays to keep ones mouth shut... I remember a time when telling someone who YOU voted for was taboo, much less who THEY should vote for.
BTW, politically, the country would be a better place if voters focused less on electing smooth talking money hungry politicians (BOTH parties) and demanded LEADERS; we do this to our selves. What this country needs: morally true LEADERS! Leaders ride into battle IN FRONT of their troops, not hiding in the shadows like modern day "BINUSS-MEN" who call themselves politicians.
Off my soapbox now...
big_smile.png
What someone wears may attract attention (like what someone says may get responses) but there is a difference from looks (comments) and attacking the wearer of clothes (attacking the original commenter) (especially when a person then blames the victim) and civil disapproval, disagreement, or comment.

Just a thought...
Off my soapbox now...
big_smile.png
I had a news paper reporter stop me in 08 outside the polls and asked me some questions and she asked me whom I voted for I told her it was between me and God and she shut up, everything I told her went to print but the last comment. I guess God is Taboo not political stances at least in the newspaper game.

Their are people on both sides that are idiots. I find that there are fewer of them but they're the loudest.
And I see nothing wrong with telling someone how to vote and why, there's a differences between talking to someone and hounding someone.
I may not like what you're saying but I served and risked my life and would again to defend your right to say it.

pop.gif

problem with arguing or discussing politics is that so few have any real facts. Candidate A calls Candidate B a liar. B calls A a liar. What did you learn, besides that they are both jerks? They also skew statistics, so that if you don't go out of your way to discover the truth, all you have is the half truth you've been fed. For example, Romney said that 47% of Americans were on government assistance. He made it sound like half of us are on wellfare, taking and not giving. The democrats did a good job of disclaiming that, but they twisted the facts in the other direction, to say that Romney hates veterans. Democrats do that as well when they say they don't want to tell a woman what to do with her body. Ridiculous! The law tells everybody what to do with their bodies all the time. Don't run around in public naked, don't point a gun at somebody else, don't drive drunk. I think politicians count on us to be too busy or too lazy to investigate the 'facts' we are being fed, so they wrap their lies in something delicious, hoping we'll bite and not let go.

I think that if someone does not vote they have no right to tell anyone how to vote let alone complain about a candidate.

Does it reaally matter who wins? nothing gets done or works anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom