Trying again with new info..

NewAtThis8

Songster
Apr 9, 2023
So earlier this week I posted about a “green Egger” I got from TSC in the pullet bin that has a bigger comb than the others. It was kind of determined that she doesn’t really look like a green Egger, but a leghorn. Knowing this (and I agree), I started looking up photos of leghorn chicks around her age (5ish weeks) and it’s pretty uncanny. I also found out that leghorns grow larger combs and waddles and much quicker than other breeds. Can anyone with more experience than me take a look at the below and see what you think? Too early to tell maybe? Legs are to me, the same size as the other clearly pullets I’ve got and she’s bold, but maybe just more alpha? I also see hen behavior.

Attachments

• D77ACC00-A384-463B-A96B-6A6127C1E9D5.jpeg
    D77ACC00-A384-463B-A96B-6A6127C1E9D5.jpeg
    366.8 KB · Views: 14
Thanks everyone! I was hoping it’d turn out better- I do NOT want to rehome him because I’m not good at having no control of his outcome after that :(

So earlier this week I posted about a “green Egger” I got from TSC in the pullet bin that has a bigger comb than the others. It was kind of determined that she doesn’t really look like a green Egger, but a leghorn. Knowing this (and I agree), I started looking up photos of leghorn chicks around her age (5ish weeks) and it’s pretty uncanny. I also found out that leghorns grow larger combs and waddles and much quicker than other breeds. Can anyone with more experience than me take a look at the below and see what you think? Too early to tell maybe? Legs are to me, the same size as the other clearly pullets I’ve got and she’s bold, but maybe just more alpha? I also see hen behavior.
The wattles and comb aren’t considered huge yet but it’s quite red so i would go ahead and say cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom