Trying to nip this in the bud.

Yeah, we do have dogs a german sheperd dog that wights 115lbs but they are in a fence so they don't leave. I thought about trapping it but we can't find traps for cheap. I have the foot traps but don't want risk catching a barn cat. I was kinda hoping there was like plant or color or something to deter them that way.

Is there a way to, like, let my dog pee on the fece? Would that do anything?>
It's a possibility. My lab if he sees any type of animal come near the yard he chases it off but I know he couldn't stand a chance with a pack of coyotes, but he pees all over our trees and we have never seen a coyote so it may be a deter for coyotes.

It seems like the only way to keep them at bay is to kill them.
Any tips for hunting the coyotes?
My husband and I hunt them at night with night vision. They are very very smart. Have good sense of smell. If it's coming regularly you could come out before dark sit and wait. Spray yourself with scent eliminator and be very still. They see you before you see them.

I will probably use the foot traps, pen up the cats (not looking forered too that fight) and dogs and during the day unset it so it is only set at night when nothing domesticated can get to it.
As for what I am going to do with it after I catch it probably shoot it ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

There is only one trap to deal with. And I am trying to leave a lot of human scent around but they keep coming, so if I leave enough scent to keep them away then that is fine by me. I am not catching them for them I am catching them so they don't kill my birds ;)

Back
Top Bottom