Trying to save Chicks life..

That's awesome, she looks pretty good in the picture so hopefully it was mostly shock. She still may be sore, no telling how hard she may have been squeezed, and she may be bruised, so I'd keep her in until you know she's getting around well and eating and drinking good.

I plan on keeping her in the inhouse brooder until she is herself again. She is a very fortunate girl, a moment later and I don't think she would have survived. She was so lifeless I thought for sure she was dead. I hope she'll be able to fly again. I have a Plymouth Rock that survived an attack but was never able to fly again. She does well but I feel sad for her when the others fly out of the pasture and leave her alone-poor thing.

So, Ms. Chick is doing much better today. She is such a sweet girl. She was lightly chirping and cooing at me, very curious. I felt she was good enough to take outside and as soon as I put her on the ground she started walking and forging so I put her back in with her sisters and will keep a close eye on her. She was able to lift both wings but she can't flutter around or fly yet, so I'm hoping she is just still sore and not permanently damaged. Time will tell.

Thank you all for the advice and well wishes! It is great to have such great support during these stressful incidents that happen on all farms! I'm just so Grateful! :love

Glad to hear she's doing well and back with her flock! Hope you have a full recovery and in a few days time may not even be able to tell anything happened.

Oh my gosh that is hilarious! But yeah I'm sure it wasn't funny the first few times he did it!
No! It went from a red radish to solid white radish color! No blood at all. I took him to the vet and they could not find anything wrong except maybe temperament change. Now I am like, “ get your butt up, you ain’t foolin me” and he will stand up and holler, “ahhhh!” I have noticed he does it when people come get birds from me. I guess he just has anxiety issues lol.

No! It went from a red radish to solid white radish color! No blood at all. I took him to the vet and they could not find anything wrong except maybe temperament change. Now I am like, “ get your butt up, you ain’t foolin me” and he will stand up and holler, “ahhhh!” I have noticed he does it when people come get birds from me. I guess he just has anxiety issues lol.

:lau A Rooster with anxiety issues!

ahhh, see she said, “DOG! And just gave up! My dogs drop a chicken once it quit moving. Maybe they have figured out like other wildlife to be really still and they will think she is dead and leave her. I had Golden-Laced.. super smart and well, as the world gets harder, they must be mentally adapting! I am so glad for her. Wyondottes... got to love them! So sweet. I think that is what you have right?

:lau A Rooster with anxiety issues!

So, he turns ghostly white and passes out! How does he protect the flock if every little thing makes him pass out? Those girls have to be laughing at him!

Back
Top Bottom