TSC HAS LIGHT, BUFF AND DARK BRAHMA PULLETS

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ByrdFeathers, Mar 24, 2018.

1. ByrdFeathers

ByrdFeathers Songster

Jan 8, 2018
    Bruce, FL
    If I got these and one of them were a rooster, is one more dominant color wise if I just let them breed. They wouldn't be considered pure breed but all would still be brahmas. Has anyone already experienced this and what colors the offspring would have?

2. Farmer Connie

Farmer Connie All My Friends Have Hoofs

Feb 28, 2017
    Florida Peninsula
    My Coop
    As Mama always use to say, "Life is like a box of chocolates.. You never know what yer gunna get".
    test-2.gif

3. morganalefae

morganalefae Head nut at the nut house

May 2, 2017
    Leicestershire UK
    Maybe I'm dumb but I don't understand what u mean by they would not be pure bred.. as far as I know the colours are not considered a single breed on its own with in the Brahma breed itself. To me a Brahma mated to a Brahma is still a pure bred Brahma. But like I said I'm dumb maybe someone else can explain this to me.

4. ButtonquailGirl14

ButtonquailGirl14 Crossing the Road

Jul 13, 2017
    Northport WA
    NO YOURE NOT!!!!

5. ByrdFeathers

ByrdFeathers Songster

Jan 8, 2018
    Bruce, FL

What I meant was I couldn't say they were LIGHT Bramha, Dark Bramha, or Buff Bramha if they were mixed up. Much like if you were selling Marans and mixed a French Copper Black with one of the other Marans. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

ButtonquailGirl14 likes this.
  6. morganalefae

morganalefae Head nut at the nut house

May 2, 2017
    Leicestershire UK
    thanks for clearing that up as I was like what??? but yes while you will not be able to say they are x colour brahmas you can still sell them as pure brahma's. I do love mine I have a 8-9 month old roo he is big he is like 2-2.5' already and he weight at lest 10-12 lbs. good fertility with him to. just managed to sell 15 of his hybrid (cross) brahma chicks. You do have good taste tho aiming for brahma's ;)

7. ByrdFeathers

ByrdFeathers Songster

Jan 8, 2018
    Bruce, FL

Do you have pics of your hybrid (cross) Chickens

8. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Um, genetics aside, they have Light, Dark and Buff Brahmas there and you're sitting at the computer instead of loading up a chick box? :idunno:gig

9. ByrdFeathers

ByrdFeathers Songster

Jan 8, 2018
    Bruce, FL
    TRAPPED AT WORK! I went by last night and they only had one guy working after waiting 40 minutes for him to be able to get chicks they were still so many customers. I am hoping that they still have some once I get off and get there.

10. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Ahhhhh....don't ya hate it when a pesky job gets in the way of doing the really important things? I know I did!! ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: