Turkenstein25's Turkey Talk for 2015

What do you use for the coop pen? And I'm assuming they go back in every night since this wouldn't be predator proof?

What size is your indoor area? I could possibly outfit a coop area for them if I can go cheaper on the fencing. I found a 4x100 roll on amazon for $30!

So she sat long enough for 6 to hatch...then she moved off, I collected the 14 eggs, candled them, all but one had movement, and you could tell it hadn't developed far...and one had pipped...so into the incubator they went...keep your fingers crossed for more hatches...it was in the high 80s/low 90s so they didn't get "cold"...at least They were moving when I candled them...

My turkeys do the same thing. I call it 'stalling.' xD they walk right up to me and they squat. Do their wings kind of sprall out... like this? its not the best pic. but mine point their heads toward the ground and their wings sprall out. my theory is they are either afraid of something. and they just do that. One of mine extremely dislikes the wheelbarrow. every time o move it close to her she 'stalls' if i move it away, she follows me and when she comes close to it again. she 'stalls.'
That's their mating stance but I just wanted to say that is such an adorable photo!!!!!!!!

So she sat long enough for 6 to hatch...then she moved off, I collected the 14 eggs, candled them, all but one had movement, and you could tell it hadn't developed far...and one had pipped...so into the incubator they went...keep your fingers crossed for more hatches...it was in the high 80s/low 90s so they didn't get "cold"...at least They were moving when I candled them...
Good luck! They should hatch.
fl.gif

Good luck! They should hatch. :fl

#7 the one that pipped hatched at 12:05 last night...the humidity wasn't high enough and had to assist it a little, it had half zipped, but couldn't get through the dry membrane...haven't seen any pips on the others yet...I'll candle again this evening...I tried to put it in with the others this morning, but it was still too sleepy and the others kept knocking it down...I'll leave it in the bator...so it can encourage the others to hatch...

Back
Top Bottom