Turkey Talk for 2014

As anyone here managed to get any turkey poults or hatching eggs from Frank Reese? I've been searching for some of his Bronze stock but so far I haven't been able to find any forsale. Someone mentioned to drive out to his ranch since Frank doesn't ship poults or eggs, but I'm in New England and the drive to Kansas is a big road trip. Thank for any info you can provide.

As anyone here managed to get any turkey poults or hatching eggs from Frank Reese? I've been searching for some of his Bronze stock but so far I haven't been able to find any forsale. Someone mentioned to drive out to his ranch since Frank doesn't ship poults or eggs, but I'm in New England and the drive to Kansas is a big road trip. Thank for any info you can provide.

He is not selling to the public any more. I got some Bronze from his line via Kevin Porter this year and will be breeding them to my Lilacs next year to improve on my Lilacs but I'll probably also hatch out some pure Bronze; but out of 5, I think I only have one hen. Might make it a little hard to hatch enough to ship unless someone wants other varieties to go with.

He is not selling to the public any more. I got some Bronze from his line via Kevin Porter this year and will be breeding them to my Lilacs next year to improve on my Lilacs but I'll probably also hatch out some pure Bronze; but out of 5, I think I only have one hen. Might make it a little hard to hatch enough to ship unless someone wants other varieties to go with.

Hi Marcie, well I have two of Kevin Porters BZN I hatched out, right now I think they're both hens, time will tell. I would prefer to get some BZN next season from the source. Has anyone here used
http://www.countryhatchery.net/ I heard they're original BZN turkeys came from Frank's line. Want to find out how these turkeys grew out, size wise?

Hi Marcie, well I have two of Kevin Porters BZN I hatched out, right now I think they're both hens, time will tell. I would prefer to get some BZN next season from the source. Has anyone here used
http://www.countryhatchery.net/ I heard they're original BZN turkeys came from Frank's line. Want to find out how these turkeys grew out, size wise?

Porter told me he has kept one pen of Bronze from Frank pure and then also mixed Frank's line with his line. I assume he may also have a pen of his own pure. I don't know if he'd be able to tell you which group yours came from but you might ask?

Yep, I'm here. Still thinning out turkeys. Got over 30 orders for the holidays, a few pre-Thanksgiving, most for Thanksgiving, some for Christmas. It's going to be busy. Still planning breeding pen strategy for next year. I need more pens! Still have over 100 from this year's hatching. I ended up with a lot of Blue Red Bronze hens, dilute Blue Red Bronze hens (BRB with narragansett gene which lightens the color), a lot of Self Blue hens. Trying to decide if I want to cross my Royal Palms with my white Penciled Palms for some genetic diversity. The white Penciled Palms I have look so much like a Royal, I had to put a zip tie on their legs so I wouldn't get them mixed up. I'm really happy with my Bronze. Here's some of this year's birds:

Yep, I'm here. Still thinning out turkeys. Got over 30 orders for the holidays, a few pre-Thanksgiving, most for Thanksgiving, some for Christmas. It's going to be busy. Still planning breeding pen strategy for next year. I need more pens! Still have over 100 from this year's hatching. I ended up with a lot of Blue Red Bronze hens, dilute Blue Red Bronze hens (BRB with narragansett gene which lightens the color), a lot of Self Blue hens. Trying to decide if I want to cross my Royal Palms with my white Penciled Palms for some genetic diversity. The white Penciled Palms I have look so much like a Royal, I had to put a zip tie on their legs so I wouldn't get them mixed up. I'm really happy with my Bronze. Here's some of this year's birds:

Beautiful birds!

desertmarcy your birds look beautiful. Your pens look full.
big_smile.png
Congrats on all your orders.

Back
Top Bottom