Koeyohte

Songster
10 Years
Jul 5, 2012
Hi all!

I have a female BR who I've had for 3 years, and she is healthy and is still a wonderful companion :) She had been kept with a tom, but he recently passed due to a disease he had come down with. Despite treatment he didn't make it, and so she is being kept alone, at night/roaming outside. She has a safe aviary/coop that she stays in at night, but I let her out to roam the yard when I'm here.

Screenshot_2017-08-29-17-08-25-1.png

2013-03-16_11-42-28_188.jpg

I wasn't sure where the best place to ask this was, but I would really like to find another hen, at the very least. I don't know how well several birds being added into "her" space would go, I've only had chickens that we integrated prior to my turkeys.

Is there anyone near Sarasota/Bradenton (within 2 hrs or so driving distance for now) who may have hens for sale or that they need to rehome?

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated!

Hi all!

I have a female BR who I've had for 3 years, and she is healthy and is still a wonderful companion :) She had been kept with a tom, but he recently passed due to a disease he had come down with. Despite treatment he didn't make it, and so she is being kept alone, at night/roaming outside. She has a safe aviary/coop that she stays in at night, but I let her out to roam the yard when I'm here.

View attachment 1124129
View attachment 1124124

I wasn't sure where the best place to ask this was, but I would really like to find another hen, at the very least. I don't know how well several birds being added into "her" space would go, I've only had chickens that we integrated prior to my turkeys.

Is there anyone near Sarasota/Bradenton (within 2 hrs or so driving distance for now) who may have hens for sale or that they need to rehome?

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated!
Check out your local craigslist.

I'm hoping so! Not sure how to find people, I definitely do check craigslist now and then and wanted to maximize reach

Back
Top Bottom