Twisted neck?

CorvusTristis18

Chirping
May 24, 2018
Northern Sweden
Ducklings (runner ducks, possibly not pure bred) are 1 week old and today I noticed one seems to have their neck off centre and to the side of their body, not drooping, more like their neck is twisted. Same diet as all the birds with added nutritional yeast. No accidents that I noticed. Can easily eat and drink, runs and jumps on top of their heated ceiling.

When I bring the duckling out of their nursery they will stretch up to look around and explore, then their neck looks perfectly aligned. It looks worse when they are just walking around less upright and feeding. They have no problems sitting, standing and do not fall over. I don’t feel like it’s wry neck, or is it? Can’t see signs of weakness, and did not notice this until today.

It’s strange that the alignment looks normal when they stretch up to walk upright, and they are not prevented from their natural behaviours. Can turn their head and no problem holding it up and not floppy. But it looks very pronounced at times and the only one out of 13.

Attachments

• C1D7D299-6625-4526-ABDD-E0F8BF7DE5A6.jpeg
    C1D7D299-6625-4526-ABDD-E0F8BF7DE5A6.jpeg
    386.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 67FF6897-65AC-45F0-A4F1-E2D04D275487.jpeg
    67FF6897-65AC-45F0-A4F1-E2D04D275487.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 2
  • E50F98AB-9717-40AD-96D5-BC96F90D93D5.jpeg
    E50F98AB-9717-40AD-96D5-BC96F90D93D5.jpeg
    592.6 KB · Views: 2
https://meyerhatchery.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017811331-Wry-Neck
Start you duckling on liquid b complex TSC Durvet brand. Vit E capsule and scrambled egg for selenium. Vit e can be pricked and squeezed over scrambled eggs liquid b complex has the thiamine it needs plus all the other b’s that are great for health.
I can’t buy the liquid b here, it would take weeks to arrive. There’s nothing that you need here it infuriates me. I’m going to make scrambled eggs today, add nutritional yeast and if I can’t find the liquid vitamin E capsules, I’ll add crushed sunflower seeds until the shops are open tomorrow. It’s pathetic how difficult it is to buy such basic things here, so sick of it :he I’ll look at the liquid b you recommended and see if any health food shops have something that’s the same balance of ingredients.

Duckling is super happy still, no signs of suffering and still eating and drinking and bahaving the same as the rest. But obviously want to treat this right now.

Start you duckling on liquid b complex TSC Durvet brand. Vit E capsule and scrambled egg for selenium. Vit e can be pricked and squeezed over scrambled eggs liquid b complex has the thiamine it needs plus all the other b’s that are great for health.
Had a reply from the store in the next main town, I can drive there for one of these and then drive to the next town over for the other one :barnie

They look comparable and mention dosage for hens. Ill double check what they will need and think I will try to separate the little one to ensure they have the full amount. I would rather they continue to feed and drink normally rather than use a syringe since they are capable. Or would you give to all the ducklings since this one developed wry neck?

I can’t buy the liquid b here, it would take weeks to arrive. There’s nothing that you need here it infuriates me. I’m going to make scrambled eggs today, add nutritional yeast and if I can’t find the liquid vitamin E capsules, I’ll add crushed sunflower seeds until the shops are open tomorrow. It’s pathetic how difficult it is to buy such basic things here, so sick of it :he I’ll look at the liquid b you recommended and see if any health food shops have something that’s the same balance of ingredients.

Duckling is super happy still, no signs of suffering and still eating and drinking and bahaving the same as the rest. But obviously want to treat this right now.

These are what I can actually get if I drive to multiple towns tomorrow
7A4DEEC6-D0F5-44E3-B265-09ABCBD66A17.jpeg

Attachments

• DE071323-DA64-4B4B-B107-A4B4856C34C1.jpeg
    DE071323-DA64-4B4B-B107-A4B4856C34C1.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1
That has E and selenium. if you get that you won't need to feed scrambled eggs. But I have no idea how much of this you would use for a dose. hopefully, it will have it on the container.

Back
Top Bottom