Two Feed Quetions ... Advice

Quote:
Oh thank you (and the other poster too) for the correction. Luckily I have been heavy on the wheat BRAN so the website I got my misinformation from didn't damage my chickens!!!

I will have to recalculate my feed recipe for 14% protein instead of 17% (wheat).

I'm sorry Mrs. Fluffy Puffy for telling you something wrong!!!

I am too lazy to go pop the grain cage open and dig for a bag of wheat to read the lable... But I am quite positive my Organic Hard Red Wheat, which is cleaned for planting purposes is 17% protein according to the bag..
wink.png

ON

Quote:
Oh thank you (and the other poster too) for the correction. Luckily I have been heavy on the wheat BRAN so the website I got my misinformation from didn't damage my chickens!!!

I will have to recalculate my feed recipe for 14% protein instead of 17% (wheat).

I am too lazy to go pop the grain cage open and dig for a bag of wheat to read the lable... But I am quite positive my Organic Hard Red Wheat, which is cleaned for planting purposes is 17% protein according to the bag..
wink.png

ON

I just called the seed company listed on my bag of red wheat feed. They didn't know the protein percentage. Thanks for the info!

Quote:

wink.png

ON

That percentage could be for Hard White Wheat. http://www.ndwheat.com/uploads/resources/568/hardwhitewheatbrochure.pdf

Chris

Quote:
OK went and opened the grain cage and grabbed a tag... NOPE no protein percentage on the tag......
hide.gif

I am sorry to anyone that followed my advice and used 17 as a number.... My apologies..

And Chris... Thank you again

My wheat is VNS Hard Red Winter Wheat (Grown in Wisconsin..Which I needed to check with the selenium business..
wink.png
)

Off to make adjustments to my BYC page so I do not miss inform anyone else..

ON

Quote:
OK went and opened the grain cage and grabbed a tag... NOPE no protein percentage on the tag......
hide.gif

I am sorry to anyone that followed my advice and used 17 as a number.... My apologies..

And Chris... Thank you again

My wheat is VNS Hard Red Winter Wheat (Grown in Wisconsin..Which I needed to check with the selenium business..
wink.png
)

Off to make adjustments to my BYC page so I do not miss inform anyone else..

ON

wee.gif

Thank you OP for this thread and thanks also to all the contributors!! Two chicken feed mixers (me and thee) set straight on wheat protein! What a blessing and I am so grateful.

celebrate.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom