Two Of My Teen Daughters (15,14) Bringing Home Babies Today: UPDATE!

The Moms:

Mom#1
IMG_0952.jpg

Mom#2
IMG_0951.jpg

The babies are already cryin' up a storm and it's a monsoon outside with the football game looming....

Last edited:
I think these babies are great for young girls to get some 'close to real' mommyhood experience. I agree that, in no way, should you babysit for your daughters. Real life, as a parent, sometimes means that we have to miss things we really want to do because we have children. Sometimes grandparents or family members aren't available to babysit and we have to either find a sitter and pay big bucks or stay home.

I like you attitude to make it difficult for your girls. It is a great learning experience for them to have to be 100% responsible for the little darlings all weekend.

This will date me, but in High School we had to carry around fresh eggs. We used markers to paint on faces and yarn to give some of them hair and then had to keep them from breaking for a whole week! Most of the boys just dropped them on the way out of the class and took the bad grade. Some of us girls took it real serious and took good care of our 'babies' for the whole week. I loved it then, I have eight kids now!! They are so much more fun than eggs. (Not that I have anything against eggs, you know, this being a chicken site and all.
lol.png
)

uh oh...i don't see that baby in a 5 point harness safety seat...

You know Bluey...you never seem to amaze me. When I read the title I thought...what kind of animal do they have now? Couldn't be kittens or more chickens...has to be puppies or goats.

I was wrong. They are martian babies.

And i think "grandpa" is a push over...
or maybe you secretly miss having babies and don't mind babysitting eer, um...doll sitting.

13 and 11 year olds with infants?? You wouldn't allow it in real life situations...you guys/gals are cheating.

And I saw that show the Baby Borrowers...sometimes funny...sometimes scary.

and going to the bathroom in peace?? no...it will never happen...unless by chance they are asleep. Just wait till your trying to soak in a warm relaxing tub and your forehead gets pummeled by a sailboat, a killer whale, and some squeaky fish by a stark naked 2 year old whom you didn't invite.

me,
g

I'd be willing to bet that part of the instructions was that they could not leave the babies over the weekend. It would defeat the whole purpose of making it a weekend assignment. The teachers know there's a football game.

Yes, the girls should have to take them with them to the game. Even the one on the Color Guard can still take care of the baby at the game.

That's pretty much how it went tonight. They took the babies to the game to care for them until the skies opened up at halftime. I then ordered the babies to be brought home lest they catch pneumonia, so fun with their friends was significantly shortened.

The funny thing is...as soon as we got home around 9pm, neither baby has made a peep in the last 2 hours...weird.....

They are sleeping in the living room with the babies to help preserve our sanity...

We're cutting, carting and stacking wood tomorrow in preparation for winter. That should prove interesting....

So far, so good....alls quiet on the western front....

Bravo - well done Dad.

The babies are probably programmed to start crying during the night and to cry all night long or at two hour intervals. Should be fun. Stick to your guns - I'm proud of you.

I think you should make the girls pay you to baby sit. In real life they would probably have to find babysitters that they would have to pay. Don't make it too much but just enough. Haha!

Back
Top Bottom