Ughghhhhgg quail hatchery help please

Celeste Cannon

Songster
5 Years
Jan 15, 2018
Los Angeles, California
I have been through such a long journey on finding what breed of quail I want, what colors, where to find them, what incubator to use, how many to get, what to get for the chicks and the list goes on. I had found a lovely place with amazing coturnix quails with crazy different colors, and basically this whole month and a bit of last, my entire focus has been this. After talking with the people forever and multiple errors (them shipping to their own address twice, shipping too early etc), i've finally had to restart my plan. The farm is located in Ohio, I am in California. Apparently there are quarantines on eggs when they are shipped to Cali, which was confusing because I had JUST received eggs from Michigan, right next to Ohio. I was starting to think I was scammed, but I got my money back. It is hard to find somewhere with the colors that I want or just anywhere with eggs still available.
Ugh ok sorry about the rant. This was all just very frustrating. Anyways some questions:

Is there actually a ban on sending poultry+eggs to CA right now?
Can eggs from California be send to other places in California? Meaning I have to find a California hatchery?
Does ANYONE know of a place that has cool quail eggs still available? (another frustrating thing) I am willing to buy from craigslist or just from someones pets. i could maybe even drive to pick them up or pay a higher price then usual.

Btw, these were the colors I was getting. They are beautiful and I am very sad I wont have them anytime soon :hit:hit

Attachments

• IMG_7411.PNG
    IMG_7411.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 1.22.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 1.22.30 PM.png
    768.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 1.22.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 1.22.38 PM.png
    688.6 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom