UK Member Please Say HI

That’s still good for a Brinsea. What model is it?
Screenshot_20190112-164302_Chrome.jpg

I'm not really sure about the duck food but I know here in France at the agricultural shops where I get my feed they have various mixed flock foods suitable for all bir

Thank you - you too! how exciting - i really need to do the same but can't get my head around starting :barnieand dh so busy working on our barn conversion! Please post some pics fo your progress!

Hi and welcome to our chatty thread! What birds have you got?
Thank you, I will speak to my supplier to see if he can get hold of any for me as haven't been able to find anything suitable online nor else where so far.

Unfortunately I am unable to put them all on layers as I have two drakes and layers is known to give them liver and kidney damage, I believe thus is largely to do with the calcium in layers. I feed them duck maintenance because it's safe for drakes and hens alike and the females get their needed calcium by eating the oyster shells same as chickens do. I know the US have a chicken maintenance food suitable for all chickens but ive not been able to find it here so far.
You could try making a mash. Add warm water to a bowl of feed, enough to make it wet but not so runny that you can pour it. I've had some problems getting the chickens here to eat various dry foods, some don't like it and would rather forage, others just pick out the best bits and throw the rest around. Making a mash seems to have cured it. They all eat it.
The crumble/powder I give is 18% protein, 1% calcium and low salt. I've got a calcium supplement available but it rarely gets eaten.

Back
Top Bottom