UK Member Please Say HI

Do you know about dog grooming @Borders3 ? One of our spaniels coats has gone... wild shall we say? He’s never been to a groomers in his life but he’s looking shabby :hmm Got a furminator but it doesn’t seem to make any difference. He used to be much smoother and slicker so not sure what’s going on with him!
13294239-44B6-4311-8751-BB99021D080A.jpeg

Do you know about dog grooming @Borders3 ? One of our spaniels coats has gone... wild shall we say? He’s never been to a groomers in his life but he’s looking shabby :hmm Got a furminator but it doesn’t seem to make any difference. He used to be much smoother and slicker so not sure what’s going on with him!
View attachment 3463196
I myself have only done Border Terriers and only our own three. I learnt how to do it because we got them and it's good bonding with the dog but if you google "The Cotswold Spaniels" it shows a comprehensive way to go about it for you. This is another double coated dog so wants hand stripping as well. Never ever use clippers to shave it, it ruins their coat and is not good for them IMO ;) others may have a different opinion :rolleyes: I don't reckon much to the furminator either, it has a blade so it cuts the fur not pulls it out, leaving half the hair still on the body making the coat even thicker, when it should be removed to make the dog able regulate it's own temperature. Have fun I have one more to do but he has the easiest coat as he is a blue and tan whereas the other two are red grizzle.

I myself have only done Border Terriers and only our own three. I learnt how to do it because we got them and it's good bonding with the dog but if you google "The Cotswold Spaniels" it shows a comprehensive way to go about it for you. This is another double coated dog so wants hand stripping as well. Never ever use clippers to shave it, it ruins their coat and is not good for them IMO ;) others may have a different opinion :rolleyes: I don't reckon much to the furminator either, it has a blade so it cuts the fur not pulls it out, leaving half the hair still on the body making the coat even thicker, when it should be removed to make the dog able regulate it's own temperature. Have fun I have one more to do but he has the easiest coat as he is a blue and tan whereas the other two are red grizzle.
Thank you @Borders3 Very helpful :)

Back
Top Bottom