UK Member Please Say HI

Charlie got another one last night!
88E82431-ADD4-4C2F-AB69-EF97FBB01C7A.jpeg

Also I have been and got 3 new ladies this morning from the commercial farm. 17 months old and only £1 each. I’ve called them Jean, Dolly & Twinkle :)
D7D787EB-E73B-4B24-9240-61CC02F2EF47.jpeg

They are a bit bald in spots but overall not too bad. Hoping these will replace me having to buy eggs!

As it takes 24 hours to produce an egg these will have already been on their way. Still it was nice to actually pick the eggs myself! I’m expecting them to stop laying though with the stress of moving and having a new home. I just had to put them up into the coop as they were just stood in the run in the dark :hmm

@Yorkshire Coop

Hi Kim

Congrats on your new girls and great that they have put down a deposit on their new home. I hope they settle in quickly. The middle girl looks a bit pale, so I would guess it is the other two who are laying but I'm sure with a bit of TLC she will come good too.
Congrats to Charlie too, on bagging another fox. There was one skulking about on the bankside above the garden just as I was shutting my girls in last night. I could hear it and it's eyes reflected in the torch but it was too dark to see it..... I was late getting home to lock them up, but will be doing my best to get it done before dusk in the coming weeks now that I know it's out there.

I haven't ridden this year yet either, although my friend Lauren, Ian and myself had a lovely ride out on Ian's 3 on New Year's Eve. They haven't done much work recently and were bouncing but in a pleasantly controlled manner.... not like my "bad lads" bounce! I haven't made arrangements to get shoes put back on mine yet, so together with the weather and family commitments, that has been my excuse so far but need to make a start very soon.
Hope you have a lovely ride tomorrow.

Regards

Barbara

Charlie got another one last night!
View attachment 1227342

Also I have been and got 3 new ladies this morning from the commercial farm. 17 months old and only £1 each. I’ve called them Jean, Dolly & Twinkle :)
View attachment 1227343

They are a bit bald in spots but overall not too bad. Hoping these will replace me having to buy eggs!
That's an awful lot of shells for one fox!!;) Congrats on your new ladies :)

Awww Welcome Jean, Dolly and Twinkle. Im sure you gals will settle in well.
Definately nice rent for you YC :D

It’s fab rent! Three more today :)

@Yorkshire Coop

Hi Kim

Congrats on your new girls and great that they have put down a deposit on their new home. I hope they settle in quickly. The middle girl looks a bit pale, so I would guess it is the other two who are laying but I'm sure with a bit of TLC she will come good too.
Congrats to Charlie too, on bagging another fox. There was one skulking about on the bankside above the garden just as I was shutting my girls in last night. I could hear it and it's eyes reflected in the torch but it was too dark to see it..... I was late getting home to lock them up, but will be doing my best to get it done before dusk in the coming weeks now that I know it's out there.

I haven't ridden this year yet either, although my friend Lauren, Ian and myself had a lovely ride out on Ian's 3 on New Year's Eve. They haven't done much work recently and were bouncing but in a pleasantly controlled manner.... not like my "bad lads" bounce! I haven't made arrangements to get shoes put back on mine yet, so together with the weather and family commitments, that has been my excuse so far but need to make a start very soon.
Hope you have a lovely ride tomorrow.

Regards

Barbara

@rebrascora

Hi Barbara! Well the middle girl Jean has laid today! Was not expecting anything with the move but I guess that’s what they are bred for. Yes she is very pale but I got three eggs today so she must have popped one out. Still wary today but with time I’m sure they will be fine.

:rant On the fox near you! Glad you did spot it so at least you now know it’s lurking about. Charlie was up near you on a shoot in December. You could have borrowed him!

The ride today! :thIt was interesting to say the least! One of the kids (16 so not little) rode Harry’s field pal Bran, admittedly he’s not been ridden much either but is usually ok even when not ridden for a while. Then 2 other liveries asked to come with us. Their ponies are a bit wick and bonkers so we were hanging round waiting for them to tack up because they go at a snail pace. H and Bran were good whilst we walked round waiting but as soon as all 4 of us set off Bran started feeling fresh because they were all hyped and scared the kid so she decided she wasn’t coming and promptly got off before leaving the yard! He was taking the P really and if she’d been a bit more confident he could have been sorted but I didn’t have time to hang around as Harry was being a bit lively. So the 3 of us carried on but one of the other liveries fell off when someone started using a nail gun behind the hedge in an allotment :barnieShe hit the road hard and the pony fell but she did manage to hang on to it and they both got up ok. She got back on and in the end they did settle and we got round the village in one piece! I only wanted a quiet hack but it was not to be!

That's an awful lot of shells for one fox!!;) Congrats on your new ladies :)

They are too lazy to use the bin when they have been pigeon shooting! They drive me batty with their untidiness :smack Plus they have the cheek to say my van is a mess :lol:

Back
Top Bottom