Unknown sickness! please help

neonbird50

Hatching
Jun 2, 2016
About a month ago one of my hens started acting weird, (not eating or drinking as much, showing less interest in the treats I brought her, runny poop, not sleeping on her perch anymore, loss of balance, and seemed to not know how to peck around on the ground). She started to improve, then yesterday I found her dead. 4 days ago (before the first hens death) another hen started to show similar symptoms (loss of interest in food and water+treats, runny poop and sleeping on the ground instead of her perch). I am afraid if I can't find out what this is I will lose both of my friendly hens. I put some tetracycline 250 in her water (anti-biotic) as it is the only one I have at the moment. anyone have any ideas what this is and if there is anything I can do to stop it and save her? I don't want to lose another bird!

About a month ago one of my hens started acting weird, (not eating or drinking as much, showing less interest in the treats I brought her, runny poop, not sleeping on her perch anymore, loss of balance, and seemed to not know how to peck around on the ground). She started to improve, then yesterday I found her dead. 4 days ago (before the first hens death) another hen started to show similar symptoms (loss of interest in food and water+treats, runny poop and sleeping on the ground instead of her perch). I am afraid if I can't find out what this is I will lose both of my friendly hens. I put some tetracycline 250 in her water (anti-biotic) as it is the only one I have at the moment. anyone have any ideas what this is and if there is anything I can do to stop it and save her? I don't want to lose another bird!
If you go over to the emergencies/diseases/injuries and cures forum, you may have better luck getting some ideas.

I didn't even notice I had put it in incubating and hatching. So sorry, thank you for noticing that!

I didn't even notice I had put it in incubating and hatching. So sorry, thank you for noticing that!
NP, just want you to have the best chance at getting help.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom