Unplugged incubator, Emu egg!

Tori39

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2016
Hello
I'm needing some help and hopefully good news. My daughter has had a Emu egg incubating for 31 days. When she went to turn it around noon today, the egg was cold. The incubator had come unplugged. She's not sure when this happened, if during the night or this morning. She's devastated. I'm hoping to get good news that the emu egg will be ok. Could someone help! Thank you!f

Hello
I'm needing some help and hopefully good news. My daughter has had a Emu egg incubating for 31 days. When she went to turn it around noon today, the egg was cold. The incubator had come unplugged. She's not sure when this happened, if during the night or this morning. She's devastated. I'm hoping to get good news that the emu egg will be ok. Could someone help! Thank you!f
I had some quail eggs and the incubator went off for several hours. I plugged it back in, the quail hatched 3 days late but still hatched....

I don't know much about a EMU egg, but I would put it back in the incubator and warm it back up. Then candle it if possible. If its alive you should see movement.
I don't know if you can do this, cause the shell is so thick.

Sure will post pics, Sublight! We've only incubated/hatched out Button quail eggs before. We do have chickens and duck but never incubated the eggs from them. Thank you all for your help and advice. I know my daughter has been looking forward to the egg hatching. It will be heartbreaking if it don't.

Sure will post pics, Sublight! We've only incubated/hatched out Button quail eggs before. We do have chickens and duck but never incubated the eggs from them. Thank you all for your help and advice. I know my daughter has been looking forward to the egg hatching. It will be heartbreaking if it don't.
Normally id take a shot and recommend a broody hen, specifically a silkie to hatch any eggs. HA! The egg is as big as the bird, that would be really funny.

I agree with the others that eggs can cool down a lot before they die. I actually had a broody leave a nest and had an egg go over 24 hours without heat, then popped it into my incubator and it hatched. So your egg may still be okay :fl

Back
Top Bottom