***update*** babies-more PICS added

How cute is that duckie! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

tongue.png

Congrats!

My hatch will be this friday/sat! I am excited about it as you are excited about your eggs hatching!

You could name it Hercules...If it's a girl Hippolyta (sp?)(you know, that amazon queen)
smile.png

Thanks Jan! We were so surprised to see so many pips- 3 days early too! So far though, they are ok- not bloody, no yolks unabsorbed, just 1 fully out vigourous duckling "Spitz" for Mark Spitz-the fastest swimmer years ago...and now #2 coming quickly on the first one's heels. Wonder what we'll name that one? Its zipped and keeps popping the top of the shell up and down. Cute....oh-i took a few min break there b/c it (she?) poped most of the way out. She's collapsed now to rest. Spitz keeps going over and bothering her and almost sitting right on top of her. Oh brother-talk about big brothers! More pix tomorrow. 2 more are zipping right now, next to these 2 babies. They have to keep up I guess!
Lisa

That or Leila (Ali) the fighter. This 2nd one is tinier, lighter colored Blue? oh please be blue) and just seems like a tiny fighting girl. What do I know, but its bill and feet are lighter too, and our grown up ducks have lighter bills and feet than the drakes. Is that true at all or is it a coincidence? Will keep you posted-no sleep for me tonight I'm afraid. I'm glued to the 'bator and the 'puter!
Lisa

Lisa,

That sounds soooo exciting. I'm happy for you!! Almost makes me want to hatch eggs but being a brand new chicken mom, I think I'll wait for that adventure
smile.png

Good luck with the babies.

Deb

Thanks for all the nice comments and good wishes. I didn't get alot of sleep last night, but there are 3 babies out now. the 2nd and 3rd are blue Swedes and they are blue! Yay! We did name #2 Leila for being such a fighter to get out of her egg. #3 is also a fighter, so we'll have to think of a name for her (also tiny, but we know it might be a tiny boy too.) Does anyone know anything about sexing day old ducklings? by bill color, foot color, anything easy? Here are a few pix...
May2008hatching034.jpg

May2008hatching035.jpg

May2008hatching038.jpg

May2008hatching040.jpg

Too precious for words. I'm in love.again.
Lisa

5 out now- 2 more just about out. how exciting! I do not want to do anything else except watch them! I want to cheat and hold them too, but I won't. I know that would be naughty.
Lisa
2 newest ones look like Cayugas-totally black bills and feet and jet black fuzz! How adorable-will get pix soon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom