UPDATE*** How to build process station CHEAP (pics)

I wish i had taken a picture of one before i cut them up. They are just the 24 inch rubber straps with a hook on each end. I buy them at ace hardware for about .99 each. they can be soft rubber or stiff rubber. I prefer teh stiff rubber ones becasue they are cheaper and the stiff rubber plucks the feathers better. THey didnt damage the meat of my birds at all. They can be called luggage straps or cargo straps.
........GENIUS!!!!

I built mine today...and ended up plucking by hand /img/smilies/sad.png  You were right - the cordless wasn't powerful enough but the other problem I had was that the bolt kept coming loose.  I think I bought the wrong kind and it didn't sit flush with the inside of the cap.  When I ran the drill in the forward position, the nut spun loose so I tried it in reverse and that's when I realized that the bolt wasn't flush because it was spinning but the plucker wasn't.  I'm not giving up because I know it will work so I'll be going back to the store for a different type of bolt.  I'll also buy a drill with a cord while I'm there LOL.

I have to say that it was easy to put together.  I didn't glue the cap on; I drilled holes and used small screws/bolts.  The hardest part was getting the straps in.  Had to use a screwdriver and wedge them in there and pull from the other side with pliers.  The good part is that they're not going anywhere!!
Another way to keep the nut from coming loose is to use a check nut. Use two nuts instead of one. Tighten the first one down against the material. Tighten the second one down against the first. Then take two wrenches one on each nut and turn the nuts against each other as if you are loosening the first and tightening the second. They wont come loose no matter how fast you spin it. Just another option.

Just found this today and that's what I need. CHEAP.
celebrate.gif

Figured I'd revive this old thread. I have 13 left of my cornish to do today or tomorrow so I will post pics of the process and a review of how well this plucker works

Back
Top Bottom