*UPDATE* Murray McMurray has me soooo angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do they use for overnight shipping?

I'd find that out first, then call that company yourself and ask about shipping something overnight from your house to the McMurray address, and see what they say - tell em you want a quote! and find out exactly how long it will take!

Gggggggggrrr really that would make me SO angry

Sam, thanks for the offer. I was going to get bobwhites. I may have someone who I can get quail from that is in my meetup group (The Central Texas Pet Chicken Meetup Group).

Chelly, I have no idea who they use.

Also, I just wanted to add that they never mentioned the weather as a factor. You would think that if that was the problem they'd mention it. They also didn't mention any complaints.
idunno.gif

Hi, I am guessing here but, some air ports just cant get the chicks moved quickly enough for the peeps to live. Very lucky here and they are very promp and my post office will call me bright and early to come and pick them up. I guess they have had problems in your area with them taking too long to arrive.

I ordered alot in late July and about half were sold out already of what I ordered.

After buying eggs to hatch and buying chicks, like the buying chicks better. Only gotten mine from Crackle but happy with what I got.

ML

I am not sure Why you are so mad that a place thought of the birds first instead of you.The babies are set up to hatch on certian days.I think saturday and wednesday they send them that night or next day.That is counted as one day already.Then flown to the nearest airport were they set till the next truck going to your post office picks them up.They are usaully not in the air cond. or heat.Get to hot they die get to cold they die.Anyway that is second day the next morning you get a call to pick them up.They say chicks can go up to three days but they start to get stressed.Other places like fedx do not always carry livestock and when they do charge a lot.So,Was it cold or really hot the day you were purpose to get them,they may have cancelled because of that.Then they fill the next order that they can send out with those chicks because they can just sit and wait till it is safe to send.If they had a bad hatching they would not know till the were hatching to let you know.They didn't charge me till they sent my babies.I order five times this year and my sons 4-h chick chain order from them with no problem.

Shaveudogg - She is not upset with them for not sending them... what she was really upset about, was the fact that they waited until the very end to inform her of this!!! Maybe you should go back and reread what she said/wrote... sorry dont mean to be rude... but you took it out of context in my opinion. Not to mention the rudeness towards her was unexceptable by the company! If it was the weather... all they had to say was, we fear due to the high tempatures we are unable to send them at this time!!!!! Not to mention offering to work something out with her!!! I believe if she would have received that kind of phone call... instead of the one she got... she wouldnt be so upset!!!

Personally I agree 100% with you eggcetra...
I had a problem with my order with another company... they called me right away and we worked it out... they did not wait a week before they were supposed to ship!!! Especially after ordering a month before hand.

Okay, I will mind my own business now... sorry to get riled!

I was not trying to be mean what I was trying to lether know that when working with live animals sometimes you do not know till right before they are sent if the airline will except them.If they don,t they have to do something with them.They might of had orders fot the rest of the babies.They fill those orders next.When we ordered our first batch of chicks we spent maybe 60.00 before we recieved them on supplies.We bought everything even built the coop later.Our first order was srewes up and we received 13 buff orpington pullets,7 buff orpington cockerel and 7 red ster cockerels.They were surposed to be 25 jumbo x meat. They were very nice and told me I needed to keep them or find homes for them because they could not be sent back.Then they sent me mine.
Maybe she should be a little mad at herself for jumping ahead and buying everything before she got them.I hope everything turns out okay.

Shave - I understand that... please dont get me wrong... but what I was saying was that they could have handled the situation a little differently and not as rudely...

Quote:
I think most pet owners or potential owners, make sure they have everything BEFORE the pet arrives - its all about being a responsible adult owner....

I bought all my stuff before my chicks arrived, I did the same for my horse - I had everything ready for her....

Someone who waits till the animal/s arrive is just asking for trouble.

Quote:
Why the hell would I wait around to see if someone screws something up? When you order something, you expect to get it and personally if you have animals coming I think you should be prepared for them. Not being prepared would be as stupid as organizing a party, getting everyone to RSVP but waiting until everyone gets there to have adequate seating, food, etc. Would that make sense? I'll tell you something else. I didn't get everything completely together until 2 days before they called me because I'd been researching how best to house my new quail. I wanted, again, TO BE PREPARED. That's called being responsible. What was I supposed to do? Wait for the quail to arrive and just let them run around in my house while I built cages for them? Oh, and that would be AFTER I drive out and go buy the supplies to build said cages. USE SOME COMMON SENSE!

P.S. - Thanks to Windy and Chelly - I'm glad someone understood the point I was trying to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom