URGENT! CHICKEN WITH HARD BELLY.

Babygirlred

In the Brooder
Nov 23, 2019
Recently my RIR has started to not eat as much and today, her abdomen got really hard. She’s laying down and cries out at times. When I touch her belly, I can feel little pops, almost like gas. What can I do for her? She is between 4-5 years

At that age, it might be that she has internal laying, salpingitis, or ascites (water belly.) Is her tail held down or up? Can you see a vet? I would try to get her eating some moist chicken feed, egg, or tuna. If ahe seems to be suffering, it might be good to consider putting her down.

At that age, it might be that she has internal laying, salpingitis, or ascites (water belly.) Is her tail held down or up? Can you see a vet? I would try to get her eating some moist chicken feed, egg, or tuna. If ahe seems to be suffering, it might be good to consider putting her down.
She holds her tail up. She tends to cry out if you move her the wrong way. I soaked her bottom in Epsom salt and warm water. She likes that. She is laying on her side in a quiet place. There aren’t many chicken vets around and one of them charges $100 just to walk through the door. She has the penguin look.

Back
Top Bottom