URGENT!! SICK CHICK! NEED HELP! URGENT!!

The feed is simple starter feed for chicks.
They use the heat when they want, they come out when they feel its enough. The bulb is 15W, smallest that there is. I don't think that is a problem though but I will reduce the temperature still.

Poop looks fine now. I will take photos and send you after a while. The poop is normal solid, usually brown or dark brown.

Yes, there is no mucus or runny nose for now. This looks like hiccup but it is not going away. The chick sneezes as in this video:
Please watch carefully, he opens his mouth to breathe and then sneezes.
What does his crop feel like?

It could be respiratory disease, hard to tell...if you feel that's the problem and you don't have vet care, then you can try Tylosin, Tetracycline (Oxy/Doxy) or Tiamulin to see if that makes a difference. Antibiotics will only treat bacterial respiratory disease like Mycoplasma. Respiratory distress can be also be fungal or viral - then antibiotics won't help.

Crop issues, if the crop is not emptying, then aspiration of fluids into the crop can also cause respiratory distress. Other things like Canker or yeast infection could cause the mucous too.

They are 2-3 weeks old - temp is 37-38 C that's 96-98F! Reduce your heat. Are chicks using the heat at all?
Not sure about the Tungsten bulb, those get very hot.

What are you feeding the chicks?
I don't see mucous....I do see a chick that looks like it might hiccup every once in a while and has a full crop.

Get us some photos of the poop.

Do they have grit?

They also have grit.

It could be respiratory disease, hard to tell...if you feel that's the problem and you don't have vet care, then you can try Tylosin, Tetracycline (Oxy/Doxy) or Tiamulin to see if that makes a difference. Antibiotics will only treat bacterial respiratory disease like Mycoplasma. Respiratory distress can be also be fungal or viral - then antibiotics won't help.

Crop issues, if the crop is not emptying, then aspiration of fluids into the crop can also cause respiratory distress. Other things like Canker or yeast infection could cause the mucous too.

His crop was empty in the morning. I will keep observing it.
Thank you for the advice. I will start the antibiotic and make sure it gets all nutrition. Please pray that he get well.
Thank you again.

[PS if there is any suggestion you'd like to give to keep them healthy, please do tell me. Thanks again]

They are 2-3 weeks old - temp is 37-38 C that's 96-98F! Reduce your heat. Are chicks using the heat at all?
Not sure about the Tungsten bulb, those get very hot.

What are you feeding the chicks?
I don't see mucous....I do see a chick that looks like it might hiccup every once in a while and has a full crop.

Get us some photos of the poop.

Do they have grit?

The situation is getting worse. Look at him now. :(
Although he ate properly in the evening and drank well also but this is him now.
I am attaching a picture of his poop from a couple of hours before.
Please help me save him!

Once in an hour, he sneezes so hard that his sneeze sound is a loud "poeee" like.
Also, it seems like something is blocking his voice box. His sound is low pitch and he is barely speaking at all. I couldn't record it. :(

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-03-14 at 12.15.33 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-03-14 at 12.15.33 AM.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom