URGENT!! SICK CHICK! NEED HELP! URGENT!!

Pics
I'm sure nowadays people use essential oils if your home have rosemary just dilute one drop in 200ml water and give them 3-4 times this is very good natural healer

I have contacted a few pet stores for the antibiotic. Lets see if they have any. But this is available, I guess. Let me search for it as well.

Be very careful using a dropper to put liquids into a chicks beak, it's pretty easy to drown them from aspiration.
Here's some tips...with a great pic to show you how:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

I have contacted a few pet stores for the antibiotic. Lets see if they have any. But this is available, I guess. Let me search for it as well.

Hi again!
Thank you everyone for helping me. My Brownie did not make it, unfortunately. :(
He died last night. My little yellow baby is all alone now and keeps chirping out very load unless I let him sit on my hand or my lap.
Please tell me what precautions should I take so he stays healthy.

I’d like to share this resource with you perhaps to aid in determining an answer without proper veterinary care / necropsy performed.

Normally in these situations it is necessary to get a necropsy performed to determine the cause of death so you know exactly what you can do so you can prevent it in your other birds.
Sometimes due to genetics, factors of egg handling, no vaccinations performed, etc that may be outside of your control, you just end up with a high mortality amongst your flock.

http://extension.msstate.edu/agriculture/livestock/poultry/diseases-poultry
I would also like to share the idea of telemedicine or telehealth. If you don’t have a vet nearby, you could seek one via phone consultation or hotline. There are websites where vets post actively who could potentially help you.

https://www.justanswer.com/bird-vet/
Chickens are flock animals, and the stress on your remaining chick being alone should be considered for its health. This stress will put this bird at risk.
Introducing other birds right away would not be ideal. I would quarantine this chick in a seethrough container (with air to breath of course) but so it can see other flock mates. You’ll need to introduce new birds so this chick isn’t alone but also so that you’re not putting them at risk, too.

Sad for your losses, and I hope this can get figured out for you.

Hi again!
Thank you everyone for helping me. My Brownie did not make it, unfortunately. :(
He died last night. My little yellow baby is all alone now and keeps chirping out very load unless I let him sit on my hand or my lap.
Please tell me what precautions should I take so he stays healthy.
I’m so sorry for your loss - I just read this, after replying. I hope you can get this situation figured out before there is another loss of life 💕

I’m so sorry for your loss - I just read this, after replying. I hope you can get this situation figured out before there is another loss of life 💕
All of them died. They weren't growing even a bit. They were around 3 weeks old and still were small without any new feathers. I think they came in sick. I still miss them all. :(

I’d like to share this resource with you perhaps to aid in determining an answer without proper veterinary care / necropsy performed.

Normally in these situations it is necessary to get a necropsy performed to determine the cause of death so you know exactly what you can do so you can prevent it in your other birds.
Sometimes due to genetics, factors of egg handling, no vaccinations performed, etc that may be outside of your control, you just end up with a high mortality amongst your flock.

http://extension.msstate.edu/agriculture/livestock/poultry/diseases-poultry
I would also like to share the idea of telemedicine or telehealth. If you don’t have a vet nearby, you could seek one via phone consultation or hotline. There are websites where vets post actively who could potentially help you.

https://www.justanswer.com/bird-vet/
Chickens are flock animals, and the stress on your remaining chick being alone should be considered for its health. This stress will put this bird at risk.
Introducing other birds right away would not be ideal. I would quarantine this chick in a seethrough container (with air to breath of course) but so it can see other flock mates. You’ll need to introduce new birds so this chick isn’t alone but also so that you’re not putting them at risk, too.

Sad for your losses, and I hope this can get figured out for you.
Thank you for your message. The little guy didn't make it. I would keep him outside but in his cage so he could see the other hens. The hens would always come and peck at him which I think stressed him. I kept him back inside and he seemed happy. Didn't chirp loud and made those nice soft happy chirps every time he sat on my shoulder or in bed.
He got the same condition as others still. I think they all came in sick. he was with me for 3 weeks and was around 4 weeks old but he was not growing.
Thank you for all the help :) I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom