USPS lost my eggs

Did you see pictures of the breeder's adult birds?
I did she posted a large black chicken with a green sheen. Also had feathered feet. She has since taken down the post (it was a chicken rare chicken group on Facebook) she has since not posted anymore of this breed and posted marans. I guess I should of done some homework before I purchased them.

Chicks are beautiful!! Can you contact the seller just for interest sake and ask if these are possibly a splash. I wish ALL sellers would be up front about what they are selling!
I would be she hasn’t responded to me since I told her my eggs were lost so I don’t think she will respond to me now. I’m starting to think I got maran crosses when she advertised for croads. :idunno These are some pretty expensive marans :lau

https://croadlangshan.org/
"The most common colour is black with a beetle green sheen but there are also white Croads. Blue and splash birds have been obtained by crossing with other breeds and the so have the bantams."
Yep this chicks don’t fit the article :he:idunno whatever they are I hope they end up being nice ladies because they sure did go through the ringer :p

I did she posted a large black chicken with a green sheen. Also had feathered feet. She has since taken down the post (it was a chicken rare chicken group on Facebook) she has since not posted anymore of this breed and posted marans. I guess I should of done some homework before I purchased them.
I truly understand the heat of the moment. Perhaps she has taken it down because of time of year and doesn't have anything available now. Out of 20 hens, I only have one laying now so I couldn't sell anything if I wanted to.

Langshans are handsome birds.
There are lots of pictures in the following two links that may help you. Chick pics at the bottom of each page.
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGK/Langshan/BRKLangshan.html
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGK/Marans/BRKMarans.html
Thank you so much! I think the little black chick is a croad because it does have some yellowing compared to the black Cooper maran. The blue gray chicks look nothing like the blue croads or splash or any of the marans! They must be a cross between a French maran and a croad??? :idunno

My wish is that people that sell eggs and chicks are forthcoming if their birds are purebred or mixes. I also wish that people would keep breeds separate from 3 weeks before and all through the breeding season.
That said, I've only had one breed and one variety of that breed anywhere on the property for perhaps 6 years or so. I continue to get sports of colors and other aberrations from time to time - wrong feather, earlobe, leg and eggshell colors.
These are the correct color and right out of the hatcher a couple weeks ago.
sept 2018 15 chicks.jpg

I currently have one batch of chicks (from the same flock the very next hatch) that has a bird with lots of brown feathers and three more that look like Anconas (more white than black)
I imagine some people don't believe me when I tell them that is all I raise.
The breed was brought back from extinction in the 1980s and they assembled 4 varieties from various colors of landrace fowl in Catalonia.
I'm sure there are genes of all sorts of colors that will crop up from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom