Valentines day hatch?

I also don't remember anything about the air sacs but by day 8 you should definitely see veining and a tiny embryo with movement.

I couldn't wait any longer so I set my chickens eggs yesterday. They will hatch just before Valentines day but I'm still in! I set 12 Leghorn mix eggs, 6 Bantam Cochin and 6 unknown eggs (can't tell what hen they are from). I can't wait to candle now!!!!
droolin.gif

Last edited:
Holy crap guys... Looks like my duck eggs aren't the only babies I'm incubating.

Currently freaking out. Not sure how to tell DH. He won't even be home till Friday night so I've got a little bit of time.

I'm seriously freaking out... DH is "clinically sterile," he and his ex wife tried for a year with no results. Somehow we managed to catch the egg our first cycle. Was not expecting this at all. Had sushi for lunch yesterday and drank a big mug of coffee before I took this test. >.<

So I ended up taking 3 tests yesterday, and I took two more this morning, just to be sure. I'm starting to think I just like peeing on things. Called the dr, and since we had a snowstorm today, and since a bunch of people canceled their appointments today they were able to get me in this afternoon. Doctors test was positive too, they did a blood draw and an ultrasound, but we couldn't see anything yet. I have another US on the first and a follow up on the fourth.
9wHHO5snJ95hRXuLETQ3GLulSuDXIZoP_lg.jpg
Back to my other babies, what day will you be able to see things when candling duck eggs? I looked at 4 days but I didn't see anything. :(

me, me, me!!! I will be due the day after valentines, was supposed to get my eggs yesterday but sadly the lady shipped them a day later than she told me she would :( They then got to sit in the cold at the post, so Im curious to see if I even get anything, they have to rest tonight and will go in the bator in the morning. I have some silkies and then Im staggering in another 6 of frizzles and sizzles later in the week.

Back
Top Bottom