Valentines day hatch?

Alright everyone. I've started over. Put the tray in the mini Rcom and put in 6 eggs instead of 3. I will just hand turn. Some may have gotten too cold, but we shall see how this batch goes. At least I KNOW that eggs I have opened have had bulls eyes in them! Wish me luck! So, now I'm a week behind you all! :)

Im not really excited about my 8 silkie eggs, they're not looking too good and its day 7
roll.png
Two of the eight appear to have development but the other look infertile. I took a risk and bought them off ebay, probably wont be doing that again...

How has everyone's incubation been going? I have been having a lot of temperature fluctuations this time around. I have never incubated this time of year so that may be part of the problem. I decided I am going to candle again tonight to see if they are still alive. Friday is lockdown for us!!!

No bueno here, I have a two day staggered hatch. I had 20 eggs and out of that 20 I ended up with 5 alive as of now, its day 8 and 10, 3 questionable and the rest were clear or quitters. Not real thrilled, I will say that I had taken a risk and purchased off ebay ,I have a whole two eggs from that batch, the rest were from a BYC member and those seem to be doing really well. Im pretty sure my eggs were frozen, we have had crazy temps here, one day its 68-70 the next its in the 20's. Im going to do another hatch in march and hopefully get some chicks then. Also, apparently I have a roo in my current flock!!! Im pretty excited because I have not heard any loud crowing, just some soft odd semi-crows so I assumed I had all pullets! I have been receiving fertilized eggs from my girls for a week now, I tossed two from today into the bator to see for sure! Im certain its one of my two silkies, because the others are far from looking like boys.

Well, I started to candle last night and found the first 4 eggs I candled had moving chicks in them so I stopped. Looks good so lockdown on Friday... yayyy! I can't wait to see what my leghorn mix chicks look like AND the chicks from the eggs I purchased from another BYC member. Wohoooo!

Well, ALL the eggs that went into lockdown hatched out!!! Wohooooo! Not a single loss, I am so grateful. I hate losing babies.

We had 5 White Leghorn/Speckled Sussex chicks, 2 Light Brahma mixes and 1 RIR mix AND 5 bantam Cochin chicks. I only want to keep the bantam cochin chicks.... anyone need chicks??????

aw, they're so cute! I have one viable egg out of 20, we'll see if it hatches. I just ordered some chicks, I cant take all the suspense! Im assuming that the eggs froze, I got them during a violent cold snap. Oh well, such is life.

Back
Top Bottom