Vermont

These guys are still very pretty !

I think we all started w/hatchery birds until we settled on the breed we wanted - then searched out people who were breeding quality birds .... so never appologize for that !!!   :)  

I have a friend who has Foley line, I hope to get eggs from her in the spring :)

Ah - then you are set to go - and end up with more than you planned like the rest of us ! HA HA HA
wink.png

It is very dangerous as you will love your RLB - but then find another color or breed you have to have !!!!

Ah - then you are set to go - and end up with more than you planned like the rest of us !   HA HA HA  ;)

It is very dangerous as you will love your RLB  - but then find another color or breed you have to have !!!!   

Sounds just like me! Haha!

Gorgeous birds! I've always loved their coloration, but I never did end up getting any for some reason, lol.

Well today has already been crazy. I had to rescue two chicks that somehow wedged themselves between the waterer and the brooder wall. They were fine but not happy. Then I discovered that along with the broody hen and the goose who's decided to try to to hatch again, I now have a second broody hen and my pekin has decided to go for round two on hatching eggs. Plus, I have two more ducks than I did last night - a male and female pekin pair were at the feeder today eating like they were starving. I believe they came from my neighbor, who has a not so good track record for taking good care of their poultry.

And I had to rescue one of the buff geese I bought this spring who were afraid of me but starting to come around. Gonnna probably have to start from square one on that with at least one of them. She had somehow gotten string tangled around both her legs and hobbled herself, so I had to chase her down - she kept flying as far from me as she could when I got close, until she gave up from exhaustion and I caught her. Then she screamed bloody murder on and off while I was holding her untangling her legs and trying not to let her wings go because getting whacked by a goose wing hurts. Then I put her down and she just laid on the ground like she was dead and didn't move when I came back over to pick her up. So I put her in the pool, thinking she overheated herself and she just floated for a bit before taking a drink and getting out. Then I watched to make sure she was okay and she preened all the feathers I messed up and was hanging out with her sister, so I think she's fine now but yeesh, what a morning!

ha ha Yeesh is right !!!

Today I have a mid-sized hawk checking the place out - only little Ruth is in real danger until the hawk does some double diving attack - but still - everyone is on edge and I keep going outside and making noise and waiving my arms around. Good thing I live in a rural area ! :)

Pyxis - this horse would be pretty good - beginner riding ok - pushy on ground - which I can teach you how to handle - and you are so good w/animals that I figure that can be overcome quickly .....

http://burlington.craigslist.org/grd/5231050249.html

HEY - BAKIN - Billy has done his job here - he taught all my teen roos how to crow !!!! Anytime you want him now - I have a chorus of crows in the morning now .... HA HA HA HA HA

Yes - and low price - and the issues are ones I am pretty confident about if they are telling the truth - I would go w/Pyxis before buying - so she can be sure .... of course !

I said it last year and never made it - but I may do a table at OUR Harvest fair .... I have to look into how much they charge - so next time we meet - can you bring the yellow tent back? Looks like FALL is the busy season !!! (speaking of Fall - I haven't seen more on a Fall Chicken Fest ... think Nutty decided to back out of hosting it?)

I think it is the 28th ?? But I'll have to drive out and look at the signs - which I'm not leaving the house today :)

Editing this guys next one .... Did your hubby get far on the Feel Good Affair Book yet ???

Back
Top Bottom