Vermont

Pics
I am looking for an assortment of bantams. Does anyone know anyone in central VT that might have chicks? I’m near Stowe and willing to drive an hour or so in any direction.

I really want a mix of breeds and I’m hoping I can find one place other than TSC to get a variety.

Hi everyone. I'm in Springfield VT. Working on hatching my first Ancona ducklings. Also planning on getting a few layer hens, as mine were picked off one by one last year. So sad. No free range birds for us this year. Anyone incubating right now?

Hi everyone. I'm in Springfield VT. Working on hatching my first Ancona ducklings. Also planning on getting a few layer hens, as mine were picked off one by one last year. So sad. No free range birds for us this year. Anyone incubating right now?

Sorry you lost your hens, and congrats on the ducklings! I'm incubating and have chicks coming out of my ears. I currently have set several breeds of chicken, ducks, geese, an emu egg, and two dozen more eggs on the way to me. Hopefully I can squeeze them all in, lol.

Sorry you lost your hens, and congrats on the ducklings! I'm incubating and have chicks coming out of my ears. I currently have set several breeds of chicken, ducks, geese, an emu egg, and two dozen more eggs on the way to me. Hopefully I can squeeze them all in, lol.
So, we have a neighbor with emu. Is it just for a pet? It cracks me up to see them!

So, we have a neighbor with emu. Is it just for a pet? It cracks me up to see them!

Yep, mine are pets :) Already have one hatched, hoping this other egg hatches so it has a companion. Tell your neighbor if they have any eggs they don't want they can feel free to send them to me, lol.

Yep, mine are pets :) Already have one hatched, hoping this other egg hatches so it has a companion. Tell your neighbor if they have any eggs they don't want they can feel free to send them to me, lol.
I'm fascinated. So, do they protect other birds too? Do they deter wild animals? Are they super friendly? Hard to care for? Tell me all about them?

I'm fascinated. So, do they protect other birds too? Do they deter wild animals? Are they super friendly? Hard to care for? Tell me all about them?

Well, my baby is a sweetheart so far, lol. The are quite tame if you hatch and raise them yourself. They do act as a guard animals for other birds, though they can fall prey to a pack of coyotes or something if they don't have adequate housing at night. Not hard to care for, they make commercially available food for them.

Well, my baby is a sweetheart so far, lol. The are quite tame if you hatch and raise them yourself. They do act as a guard animals for other birds, though they can fall prey to a pack of coyotes or something if they don't have adequate housing at night. Not hard to care for, they make commercially available food for them.
Where did you get your eggs from? If I did more research, id be interested in hatching and raising one. Already, threw it out there to my husband and he is on board. He always supports my crazy endeavors!

Back
Top Bottom