Very aggressive dominique pullets

It_is_I_Rae

Songster
Oct 30, 2019
My two 10 week old dominiques are turning into little monsters. Only the dominiques. They have been raised with a wyandotte and an olive egger of the same age and they are not aggressive towards each other except for pulling out the wyandotte's feathers but they are out out my blood and have attacked the adult birds as well. How do I correct this behavior? Culling and rehoming are out of the question. I've tried pushing them back and flipping them onto their sides and "pecking" back at them. None of those methods work and just make them angrier. I'm considering buying blinders for them, would that fix the problem?

Not sure if pinless peepers will fit a 10 week old but doesn't hurt to look into it.

I would look at your set up too (overall space, clutter, feeder(s) placement) as well as maybe increasing protein to see if that at least helps with the feather picking.

My two 10 week old dominiques are turning into little monsters. Only the dominiques. They have been raised with a wyandotte and an olive egger of the same age and they are not aggressive towards each other except for pulling out the wyandotte's feathers but they are out out my blood and have attacked the adult birds as well. How do I correct this behavior? Culling and rehoming are out of the question. I've tried pushing them back and flipping them onto their sides and "pecking" back at them. None of those methods work and just make them angrier. I'm considering buying blinders for them, would that fix the problem?
Do you have pictures of the birds? I would try something else first, before pinless peepers. Such as seperating them for a while to reestablish the pecking order. Did you integrate them slowly?

Back
Top Bottom