Very sick orpington - Kidney failure? Please advise!

Hi friends. We're in the middle of a winter storm here in Mississippi. Yes, I said a winter storm in Mississippi. We're SO not ready for this. I've been working diligently to make sure my feathered girls are safe and warm enough. Storm preparations and a family Covid death explain my delay in updating you all about Debbie's condition.

I got up at 5 a.m. Thursday morning to take Debbie back to the vet. I knew she was struggling. Sadly, she had passed during the night. It took raising chickens of my own to realize how smart, loving, and fun they can be. Debbie was my hugger and lap sitter. We did everything we could to save her and she held on as long as she could. For the safety of my other ten girls, we are having a necropsy performed. I should have details in a week. I'll be sure to keep you all updated.

Again, I thank you for your advice, prayers, and support. Our beautiful "Debs" is going to be missed so much.

The visual necropsy report for Debbie is attached. I'm waiting on pathology reports. This is so sad ...

Attachments

• NecropsyDebbie.pdf
    133 KB · Views: 23

Back
Top Bottom