VERY weird egg!!!!*updated* BIG REVEAL OF "HONEYCOMB" in "WINDOW"

mags2009

Songster
13 Years
Aug 8, 2009
Wisconsin
I have 3/7 girls laying as of now, they have been laying for exactly 2 weeks today. One of the eggs today was weird. It had like a circle around it, and a "window" in the middle, that looked just like a magic 8 ball, and when you moved it around, something came into view that looked like honeycomb!!! It is the strangest thing I have seen yet!!! Has ANYONE seen this before??? I wanted to take a pic of it, but the camera is out of batteries at the moment. If no one has heard of or seen an egg like this before, I will get some batteries tomorrow, and take a picture.
caf.gif

The other thing I wondered about this, is, do you think that this egg would be from one of the girls that has already been laying (quite nice eggs for far) or do you think one may have skipped a day, and this could be a new egg from another pullet?????
idunno.gif

Thanks everyone!!!

Last edited:
We get a few weird egg posts now and then. It seems like most are from young pullets who have only been laying a few weeks. I haven't seen a picture of one like you described, but after all the strange eggs I have heard about, I am not suprized.

My guess is from one of the pullets who has been laying, at least that's who we got funny eggs from. Not a new layer, but it's still a possibility.

I haven't heard of an egg described like that, but doesn't sound too strange. I'd love to see a picture when you get fresh camera batteries.

Did you shake it and ask it how many egg's you'd get today?
ya.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif

just tryin' to be funny!

I'd never heard of anything like that, but you never know about these girls! My guess: Pullet! Maybe she hadn't eaten enough calcium lately?

Last edited:
Quote:
Very funny!!!
tongue.gif
Just kidding! It is kind of weird though! I just hope that it doesn't mean there is something wrong with her.

Quote:
I posted the pic on another thread too, but here it is again!
38676_chicken_pics_071.jpg
38676_chicken_pics_069.jpg

weird, huh? If you look closely, you can see the "honeycomb" looking thing that comes into view, and you actually have to move it into view, just like the "8 ball!" Anyone seen this?????

Back
Top Bottom