VetRx

kcal

Chirping
Apr 6, 2021
NW Illinois
I have a chicken who has an extremely mild sneeze at the moment. She only sneezes a couple times a day, if that. I was given some VetRx by my mother in law who stopped keeping chickens last year, and I’ve been looking at putting a bit of it in their water to see if it will eliminate this little sneeze (she has no other symptoms, just the sneeze).
My question is related to the safety of it for goats. Our chickens and our 2 goats share a run, and even though the chickens have their own water in the coop, they typically prefer to drink the water in the run that is shared with the goats. Is the poultry VetRx safe for the goats if I were to put a small amount in the shared water?
To add - my goats are currently at my mother in law’s to be bred with her male, so if all else fails I can just treat the chickens now and then make sure I put 100% fresh water out before the goats return.

Personally, I think that herbs etc are very beneficial to a chickens respiratory system. Every time my nose is congested, I take a whiff of peppermint essential oil and with in seconds my congestion is gone. I swear by it. It might not, "treat" any disease thats for sure. Its not going to treat a respiratory disease, but I do think that its beneficial as a preventative, or as an immune booster. Herbs have so many properties that are good for all animals, I wouldn't discount their abilities too badly.

Back
Top Bottom