vicious pitbull

ALL dog pixs are just ADORABLE. Hooligan I love the first pic on the page!!

I love the fact that you have just proven Bully breeds have to live in single dog homes.
wink.png
Thank you on behalf of your dogs for proper socialization. I wish more people would take time to work with their pets. (NOT JUST DOGS)
I think a few more people need to watch Cesar Milan and learn to get along.

Last edited:
I have a lump in my throat thinking back to "George". He was the smartest... sweetest most wonderful pup... and he was a Pit.
He was attached to my son who was 3 at the time. They did everything together. I have raised many animals and they are always treated like family. I had a friend who had a Pit for years and she was a wonderful dog. One day while I was Watching... George was in the kitchen with Timmy... they weren't even playing... George jumped at Timmy's face and I screamed! George laid down and Looked at Tim who I had in my arms trying to get the blood to stop. George had no idea what was wrong. He was wanting to help Timmy. I rushed my son to the hospital and held his hand while they stitched his lip back and closed the gashes. Timmy wanted me to tell George that he would be ok and he wasn't mad at him! The doctor at the hospital said it was fairly common for Pits to "snap". He had seen it too frequently.
By law I had to quarantine George... the hardest thing I have ever done was have him put down. Tim is now 15 and the scars are faint but the memories he has of George is the good stuff. He remembers what happened but that "wasn't George".

If I would have known the potential was real (I believed the :it's all media hype" that I heard) I wouldn't have gotten him.

Wow is all I have to say after reading all the posts. I LOVE the pictures and I do own a Pit mix. I do know the potential that is there, and he lives with 3 other big dogs, 4 cats and is the sweetest, wimpiest of all the dogs we have. I have no kids and I would be wary of any of my dogs around a baby. I think this thread just got way out of hand. It was stated MANY times about knowing the liability. Good it was stated. It only needs to be stated once, we get it. Share this post for others and yes don't try to convince anyone of anything. Let everyone have their opinions. All you do in trying to convince someone of something is make yourself frustrated. Everyone has a breed/animal they love and we could all argue till we are blue in the face trying to convince others they are the best. Here is my Pit mix, named Tanner Brown(yes he has a last name and we do call him by both) Tanner would like to ask everyone..
march24017.jpg

Can't we just all get along?

Quote:
What a sad story my heart goes out to you, it could have been a Dalmation, a Shepperd or any other breed that could be named in this story. All dogs have the potential to bite, dogs can be unpredictible. I have had these so called dangerous dogs and also dogs that are supposed to be "family" orientated. None of my dogs have ever bitten anyone. Once again there are no "bad" dogs....but there are MANY untrained,undisiplined, poorly trained dogs.

What a sad story my heart goes out to you, it could have been a Dalmation, a Shepperd or any other breed that could be named in this story. All dogs have the potential to bite, dogs can be unpredictible. I have had these so called dangerous dogs and also dogs that are supposed to be "family" orientated. None of my dogs have ever bitten anyone. Once again there are no "bad" dogs....but there are MANY untrained,undisiplined, poorly trained dogs.

I loved my friends Pit and George was special. He was trained and disciplined and fun. This was a genetic flaw. He wasn't Bad... he was never Bad. Whatever made him "snap" and not even know he had done anything... dunno...
The pits here are beautiful and hope you all a wonderful loving life together...
I only wanted to share something that wasn't media hype ... from one animal lover to others...
This is a hard subject because we ALL CARE!
Knowledge is a wonderful thing.
I must say... in 35 years of raising dogs I have Never had one "unpredictable"... Like a child... unless there is a serious imbalance in the brain... you know what will make them happy or sad... how they will act and react. (teenagers fall into "serious imbalance" category
smile.png
)
When George attacked Timmy... there was no warning... no "reason"... (teasing.. food..toys..NOTHING) for it.

Again I wish you all the best... Thank you for sharing your pics.​

Quote:
This was a genetic flaw.

Oh please do not think I was in any way SAYING your dog was untrained. Iam truely sorry about what happened to your obviously loved pet and your son. My point was in it COULd have been ANY breed of dog, that could have been a product of backyard breeding or as you put it a genetic flaw. I did not intend to insult you in any way. I'm sorry if I'm not that greatest at getting my opinion accross!

just my two cents . . .
smile.png

the pit issue is a hot one.
i do a lot of dog rescue and i am owned by a pit at this time and so "pit talk" comes up a lot.
pitts are definately not the dog for everyone. it takes a very responsible, calm owner to take one on. in particular, they can be hard to keep around other dogs/animals (in my experience).
we fostered/sponsored an 80 lb. male pit for an entire YEAR until we found the RIGHT home (not the first home). we knew we needed to find folks who understood the breed and who could be responsible for such a large and powerful dog. we also paid top dollar for extensive training before he was placed.
in the end this dog has been placed in an appropriate home and has become the 80lb. lap puppy he was born to be.
i agree that it isn't the "breed" but, rather people who cause most of the problems associated with pitts. that said, with any large powerful dog the RIGHT home is crucial!
peace, love and safe, happy pitts!
f. weeble

Quote:
I apologize if I skimmed the article too quickly and missed it, but I don't see any reference to prove that the above statement on the website is true. It isn't backed up by any study or scientific documentation.

Anyone can make a statement like that and publish it to a website. Odd that the statement would appear on a site with "lawyer" in the domain, considering that statement, without verifiable documentation, would never stand up in any court of law.

I'd love to see the statistics from the Centers for Disease control and Prevention, too. I've searched their site extensively in the past and these two documents are the only ones that address the statistics.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00047723.htm
http://www.cdc.gov/epo/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5226a1.htm

Unfortunately, these are the most recent studies I could locate. I'd be interested in finding more current ones, but not just statements on a website. Documents with proper notations from the CDC would be very welcome.

If you look over those two documents, you'll note that Pit Bull is in quotes because so many dogs are considered "pit bull types" which are often mixes that may or may not contain pit bull. Nevertheless, these are probably the most reliable sources for that time frame.

Oh, and about the cat I mentioned earlier. I was 19 and working in a local hospital. I took the little girl from the ER to her room the night of the cat attack. Her face looked like ground meat. I was just a kid and never realized a cat could do that.

I have a pit bull, german shephard mix and she is the sweetest thing. As I am typing this she is laying right next to me on my bed curled up in a tiny ball. Her name is Jordin and she sleeps with my every night. It's a shame that pit bulls have such a bad reputation.

Back
Top Bottom