Viva Las Vegas!

MuckMuck what kind of chicken is your Grey one!!! I think i have on too!!

Hello everyone I'm new to the Vegas Thread (and yes i realize i screwed up the cluck part of my name see the Nevada thread)

First off I'm in the NW and second does anyone want a RIR roo?

needs to find a new home not in my neighborhood he is rather talkative.

if anyone wants him email me at [email protected]
First off,
welcome-byc.gif
's Las Vegas thread! Glad to have you here. I think many of us are or have been in the same situation you are with an unwanted roo. We process them at my house but if that is not an option for you, you can try a couple other things. Try offering him on Craigslist or you could opt to take him to Nellis Feed and sell him to them for, I think, $5. Check out this link for location and contact info.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Las-Vegas-NV/Nellis-Farm-Feed-L0095983733.htm

Let us know what happens. I may know a guy who'd be interested. I'll ask. Good luck!
I'm not sure what the larger one is, maybe andulasan?
hmm.png
I was hoping someone would help me figure that out!
smile.png
The little grey ones are Lavender Orpingtons.

Max

It does seem to have a smaller body-type. I admit that I thought it was an Andalusian at first glance. ke_ben has one, maybe he will get on and confirm or deny. Where did you get it?

Last edited:
Hey, while looking for a link to Nellis Feed, I found a website with a list of feedstores in Las Vegas complete with contact info, addresses and maps. Check it out!

http://yellowpages.totallylocal.com/nellis-afb+nv/animal+feeds.zq.html

Here's a pic of Marley before she became a broody beast.

Yes, she looks fluffy and cuddly but she'd as soon kill ya as look at ya! I'm moving her tonight...wish me luck! It'd be hard to type with out fingers! Gloves...they're my only chance!

First off,
welcome-byc.gif
's Las Vegas thread! Glad to have you here. I think many of us are or have been in the same situation you are with an unwanted roo. We process them at my house but if that is not an option for you, you can try a couple other things. Try offering him on Craigslist or you could opt to take him to Nellis Feed and sell him to them for, I think, $5. Check out this link for location and contact info.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Las-Vegas-NV/Nellis-Farm-Feed-L0095983733.htm

Let us know what happens. I may know a guy who'd be interested. I'll ask. Good luck!

It does seem to have a smaller body-type. I admit that I thought it was an Andalusian at first glance. ke_ben has one, maybe he will get on and confirm or deny. Where did you get it?

Please do Its free to whom ever wants it but its gotta go today just caught him STANDING
ep.gif
on my poor sick meg. shes back in the ICU and he's about to meet the wrong end of an ax. I'll drop him off wherever but I'm in the northwest Alexander and durango.

Last edited:
We got the feather-footed silver/grey one at Nellis Feed. "whatthecuck" was bent on getting silkies and when he called they said they had them. I think there may have been a bit of a language breakdown, but whatever. He drove all the way over to see what they had and told me that he couldn't bear to have her put back in the drawer. Something about the conditions there brought out the savior in him (he's tender-hearted
love.gif
). She's clearly NOT a silkie (no 5 toes or black skin) but she's a pretty nice gal. Not as social as our other birds, but she had spent at least 2 weeks maybe longer in a drawer at Nellis. Oddly enough she's our alpha hen, but she takes pretty good care of the other girls and doesn't have the least problem putting the roo in his place! Here are 2 pics of her--the first one is pretty recent and the other is when she was about 2 weeks old.

Thats what im thinking blue Brahma. BTW everyone the roo is gone. was stupid and swapped it for a hen at nellis but hen is going back flock said NO! Lizzy our yellow feather footed made a huge fuss. Plus they shaved her poor beak at nellis. So an egg laying hen with a shaved beak is going back to nellis tomorrow am unless someone wants a RIR egg laying hen. free to good home

whatthecluck12: Love the photos! You have some beautiful birds there! Love the blue with the red. Now you need some white ones!
big_smile.png

Thats what im thinking blue Brahma. BTW everyone the roo is gone. was stupid and swapped it for a hen at nellis but hen is going back flock said NO! Lizzy our yellow feather footed made a huge fuss. Plus they shaved her poor beak at nellis. So an egg laying hen with a shaved beak is going back to nellis tomorrow am unless someone wants a RIR egg laying hen. free to good home
Aww! I hate it when they de-beak them! It's so sad. I would take it back too! I have found that it's best to introduce new chickens into a flock two at a time, at least. Then they have an automatic buddy, someone who's NOT trying to establish that the new one is lower in the pecking order.

I think that you do have a blue Brahma. I totally understand why you kept her. I don't like Nellis Feed much because of the way they keep their birds and their customer service. I called them 2 weeks ago to find out what chicks they had and how old they were. I had a broody mama that only hatched one chick and was trying to steal another hens chicks so I needed some 2-3 day old chicks to slip under her. I'd been thinking about Dark Cornish so when they mentioned they had some and that they were about a month old I was torn. I wanted some but they were too old for my hen. Well, I had a couple chicks that were a month and a half old, so after thinking about it for a day I decided to get a couple to put with the older ones. Two weeks in age is not that much after a month so I thought that would work out okay. I go to buy them and they say that they're not sure that they are for sale. What? Why would you mention them then? Since I had gone there specifically to buy DC chicks, I talked them into letting me buy two, though their age was misrepresented too! They had to be two to three weeks old at best! Then they charged me $6 per chick! I was astonished! I went ahead and paid but like you, I had serious buyer's remorse on the deal. I would've taken them right back but one hurt its leg in the box on the ride home and was favoring it a bit. So I kept them. I have worked out a situation with the other older two chicks that works but is not ideal. I would only use this feedstore in an emergency or if I HAD to get rid of some birds I didn't want to process. Good luck returning the hen. Just be patient and wait for your girls to start laying. It's safer.

Oh, I forgot to ask how poor Meg is doing tonight! Hope you were able to get some food in her and she is feeling better.

Oh, I forgot to ask how poor Meg is doing tonight! Hope you were able to get some food in her and she is feeling better.
We got her to eat pretty well tonight and she gets electrolyte solution by a dropper. Caring for a sick bird is very intensive! She seemed a bit more fiesty during her feeding than she has been so we're hoping that's a good sign.
fl.gif

Woke up this morning and Meg is drinking on her own somewhat!!!
wee.gif
Couldn't be happier. Please, please, please let her be on the upside of this, whatever it is/was.

Back
Top Bottom