Wanted: Lavender d'Uccle or brown red d'Uccle hatching eggs anyone?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Godiva, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Two of my banties have just gone broody and I would so love to put some eggs under them, but I have decided to wait until I can find the colors I really want. If you know who has these colors and good quality birds please let me know! I don't need show quality but would like good breeding stock.... hard as it is I have narrowed it down to the d'Uccles and these are the birds I want to focus on in my bantam flock.... Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

D'uccles are the BEST! Check out the d'uccle thread and see if anyone has lavenders.

3. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Yes, Teddiliza, I adore the d'Uccles - we only have two but they won us over big time. I got them as extras with some hatching eggs of a different breed 3 years ago and they have been the most wonderful little birds. My kids dote on the two of them and they seem to be really hardy and easy to raise. I want to have a little flock of eye candy but would also like to learn more so that I can breed them eventually. Chicken genetics are just way over my head at the moment though!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dip into the genetics thread from time to time and love it but don't understand more than a few of the absolute basics! I will peruse the d'Uccle thread and see what I find [​IMG] Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by