Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nyrial
the ducks are half the size of my rooster, but they have been giving him Hell too.. The roo is really beating up on the girls. as much as I would like to keep him, he does have to go
The ducks are seperate from the chickens when they are in the run now. but they do free range together. I carry a big stick now

Quote:
Cascade show, Monroe, Evergreen Fairgrounds, March 20th, like 9-3(ish?).

Bit of a haul for you, but I think several of us are going to be there.

Hi missmary49, Welcome to the Washington thread.

Hey I might be able to help out some of you with too many chickens. A woman I work with is in the process of building a coop, or actually her DH is. They are looking for some POL pullets probably in late April. They want to wait to get back from vacation. She asked me today about dark layers and friendly breeds. I don't think they'll be wanting many chickens as they are in the city. I'll keep you informed. There is a possibility that they may decide on chicks for the experience of raising them with their small sons. She's not sure she wants chicks, but admits it is her DH driving this bus.

Russ

Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it to post in the Seattle Craigslist. I mean, I'm not in that region, but noone reads my local region. . And, are other people willing to drive that far or have stuff shipped, or just too City-Spoiled? Being not from the city, I naturally have to drive for hours to buy stuff - Even further to buy chickenstuff, so. . . I wonder. Just a random curiousity.
hide.gif

I've had a couple people willing to come out but only because it was a part of their vacation schedule. . .

I too am realizing that spring fever is hitting me bad, we have JUST eight hens. I am so tempted to add a few more....but I'll just enjoy reading about everyone else's adventures this spring! At least for now....Enjoy them thers is nothing as cute a little spring chicks.

Quote:
Can you post in both? I think you should post in the greater seattle area. I mean, I typically like to buy as locally as possible, but I wouldn't be opposed to driving out to get something I really wanted if I couldn't find it closer - even to Forks! And of the people I know, I'm probably the worst about not wanting to drive far, or anywhere for that matter. Granted, I'm not as far away from you as others are, either. I also would have things shipped, I just prefer not to if I can help it. My post office, or maybe just the mail carrier, is pretty awful.

Also, the benefit for you in posting to the seattle craigslist, but being further away, is you might get more serious inquiries and be less likely to get the people who flake out on you and never show up while you wait around for them all day.
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
So true!
lau.gif
Well, I think I'm going to start posting starting later this summer. Because oh boy do I have a variety of stuff. Araucanas, Ameraucanas, three different Marans colors, Buff Brahmas (sadly though they have such a poor market. . .) Olive Eggers and Oriental Game Fowl.
smile.png

Quote:
Illia - I read the Seattle Craigslist! Don't give up hope... The problem is that the Seattle site, I think, is different from the Oly Penn site, right? So if you are "All Seattle" you are getting folks from the cascade range too... in which case, yes, Forks is a bit far. Heck, I'm on the Kitsap Pen and Forks is a worthy journey! If free chickens are involved, of course... but a journey nonetheless! I was actually out at Ozette a few weeks back... 4 hours from Silverdale! Yikes...

Anyway - keep posting... Someone will bite!
caf.gif

Cheers!

Quote:
Can you post in both? I think you should post in the greater seattle area. I mean, I typically like to buy as locally as possible, but I wouldn't be opposed to driving out to get something I really wanted if I couldn't find it closer - even to Forks! And of the people I know, I'm probably the worst about not wanting to drive far, or anywhere for that matter. Granted, I'm not as far away from you as others are, either. I also would have things shipped, I just prefer not to if I can help it. My post office, or maybe just the mail carrier, is pretty awful.

Also, the benefit for you in posting to the seattle craigslist, but being further away, is you might get more serious inquiries and be less likely to get the people who flake out on you and never show up while you wait around for them all day.
gig.gif

The problem with cross posting is the trolls that flag you if you do.
roll.png

And, as for city folk being spoiled, I grew up in a largeish city. I've driven from Everett to Shelton to pick up 2 turkeys.. It just depends on how bad you want to get/do something as to how far you'll go to get it. Whether it's chickens, turkeys, a horse, or an event or gathering.. (I'm personally not willing to buy a ticket home for a family reunion...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom