Wattles on a 16 week old Polish

I think they're Mottled Houdans.... I'm seeing five toes, correct? I think it's just close to lay and the difference in wattles is due to one being bearded and one not. @Overo Mare , do you think pullet too?
Definitely Houdans. Hmm, that's tough. The only thing I see that would point toward cockerel is the large wattles. Virtually no comb, no male specific saddle feathers.... Could very well be a POL pullet. I'm on the fence with that one.

Definitely Houdans. Hmm, that's tough. The only thing I see that would point toward cockerel is the large wattles. Virtually no comb, no male specific saddle feathers.... Could very well be a POL pullet. I'm on the fence with that one.
My thoughts too. I was reading about the Seney chicken breed someone created a bit ago and I believe that they wanted their breed to have beard/muffs because it genetically inhibits wattle growth. I was thinking perhaps it may be the case here? I'm not really sure the wattle size of beardless Houdans... Tough one for sure!

Back
Top Bottom