Way too many eggs!

I did not know you could do that, I guess I get how you can when they can’t recognize them, that’s very useful to know thank you
I bake them on a cookie sheet and crush them up. It's proven to not be needed just how we done it when I was growing up. They seem to crush up easier so I just keep doing it. It's a good way to give the girls back the calcium they used making the eggs.

So I have eight hens, I got seven eggs yesterday, it’s the middle of winter in Alaska, and I get 13 eggs today? What’s up with that?

We do have eight people living in this house

I have read of chickens occasionally laying a second egg in a given day (new-layer glitch), but it's pretty rare. Having 5 hens all do it on the same day seems VERY unlikely!

So if you are sure the eggs could not have been hidden in the nestbox from previous days, I suggest you check how many eggs were in your house-- someone might have played a prank by taking some eggs back out to the nests.

I have read of chickens occasionally laying a second egg in a given day (new-layer glitch), but it's pretty rare. Having 5 hens all do it on the same day seems VERY unlikely!

So if you are sure the eggs could not have been hidden in the nestbox from previous days, I suggest you check how many eggs were in your house-- someone might have played a prank by taking some eggs back out to the nests.
My family doesn’t do that, too cold for them to want to go out, I don’t put in enough hay for them too hide them in the nesting boxes, also yeah around egg shelf wasn’t any less empty then it was before

Back
Top Bottom