We are getting 3 doz a day eggs.. EGG recipes please!

i just made pickled eggs with some of my extras.....with pickled beet juice for color...they look good...
droolin.gif
...cant wait to try them...and, i'm going to make a quiche this weekend..with ham and cheese, spinich, and bacon maybe...
I also need egg recipes!..i'm getting about 8-12 a day..and there are only 4 of us in our house...so, i have several dozen extras a week...i'd like a good breakfast casserole dish..anyone know one??

Asparagus & Wild Mushroom Frittata Recipe

8 extra-large eggs

Salt to taste

Freshly ground black pepper to taste

1/4 lb. wild mushrooms (morels, cèpes, chanterelles, or oyster mushrooms)

3 tablespoons unsalted butter

1/3 lb. Asparagus

2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Asparagus & Wild Mushroom Frittata Recipe

RECIPE METHOD

Whisk the eggs vigorously. Mix in salt and pepper to taste. Trim, steam, and cut the asparagus into 1-inch lengths. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.

In an ovenproof pan, thoroughly saute the mushrooms in the butter and add the aparagus. Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn the heat to medium high and pour the eggs into the pan.

Let the eggs set for several seconds. With a heatproof rubber spatula, gently stir the eggs, starting from the center. This stirring makes the frittata puff up more in the oven.

Lift the edges so that the eggs flow to the bottom. When the frittata is half-set, add the cheese.

Transfer the pan to the heated oven. Cook for about 10 minutes (less if you like runny eggs), until puffed and golden.

This is a fave here...my son will eat German Pancakes like this 3 times a day if I would let him, and it's REALLLY EASY!
Makes 2 German Pancakes
6 tbsp. butter
4 eggs
1 c. flour
1 c. milk

Powdered sugar
Lemon juice

Heat oven to 400 degrees
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in each pie pan in oven, I use ceramic .
Beat eggs, add flour. Mix well (use wire wisk) until smooth.
Add milk and beat again.
Pour half mixture into hot melted butter in pan in each pan.
Bake 18 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
Comes out puffed up around the edges like a popover bowl Remove from pan onto plate.
Sprinkle with lemon juice and powdered sugar.

~Tiff~

think I will go make some now

Will anyone share their recipe for pickled eggs with us?

My Great Granny always made them for us, and I had the recipe (it was from the Lincoln era) and lost it in the move.

With all the great cooks on this board, I'll bet someone has a pickled egg recipe.

Ok, to pickle the eggs you have to hard boil and peel the eggs. I've never had any luck at peeling a brown fresh egg....*sigh*

Back
Top Bottom