We need your help-Got another letter from the town

Quote:
If you want good information, letters and data you can copy, customize, and have on the ready, SeaChick is someone you want to talk to. She and her daughter did this last summer. They were successful in their campaign and are now able to keep chickens within their city limits.

She has helped other people with the data needed.

http://www.sailzora.com/SoPoChickens.htm

Quote:
PC just to let you know we are still willing to take/watch any chickens for you, so don't worry about that. I'd love those blue/splash orpingtons
wink.png
We are getting a lawyer, and if we have to go to court it would be mean so much to us if you, your family, and the other CT BYCer's will come and support us. If we do loose we'll probably end up moving, want to by a huge farm out of state with us
tongue.png
I can babysit Travis
tongue.png

I'll take time off from work and stand by your side in court. If anyone should have
chickens it is you.

Just a thought but don't you rescue chickens??? Hint hint. Let's get the media in
on this one too.

Media involvement is a good idea. In this day of "save the earth," non-chemical bug control, non-chemical fertilizer, not having to drive to the store for that extra egg for breakfast, etc, should make a point. My friends are just waiting for the city to come after me. They know it'll be on the six o'clock news!

My argument, however, is that my chickens are pets. The guy down the street has stinky pit bulls chained to a tree with a six-foot chain. The city allows that!!!!!! My chickens are far less of a hazard, and far more loving. And what about the BYC slogan: "My PET makes my breakfast????"
duc.gif

Good luck!!

Please know that I'm on stand-by for any support I can offer you and your family. I'm retired, mad and happy to show up for whatever organized response you decide on. (good that you have a lawyer to help.)

I'm going to go back and read SeaChick's thread about her successful battle. No need to re-invent the wheel every time. But some off the top of my head strategies are:
Your set-up is dedicated to Preserving Endangered Breeds.

You're non-profit

Those of us in CT could form a group with a catchy name like Concerned CT Citizens for Preservation of Poultrykeeping. (terrible I know but you get the idea)

CT has more horses per capita than any other state. Surely they have a greater impact than chickens, blah blah blah

So sorry for your problems.

I think that too many people in the USA have gotten so separated from where food comes from that we will continue to see this type of thing. We, Americans, are very spoiled and have forgotten that food used to come from gardens, backyard poultry, fruit trees, berry patches and neighborhood farms. A lot of the people I talk to think food just shows up in the grocery stores and have no idea of the original source. Sometimes not even knowing that bacon is pork, prime rib is beef and so on. They also mistakingly believe that because it is in the store and regulated by government standards that they are getting a cleaner, fresher, healther product. What a crock that is. Just look at all the food recalls. Off my soapbox.

It is often a lack of knowledge that drives these things so hopefully you can get with a few people who are if not knowledgable about poultry at least willing to learn about them. Best of luck.

That is a great idea! Rescue chickens and Endangered breed Santcuary!

I sincerely hope that you will be able to fight this and win!
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
D.gif

Quote:
PC just to let you know we are still willing to take/watch any chickens for you, so don't worry about that. I'd love those blue/splash orpingtons
wink.png
We are getting a lawyer, and if we have to go to court it would be mean so much to us if you, your family, and the other CT BYCer's will come and support us. If we do loose we'll probably end up moving, want to by a huge farm out of state with us
tongue.png
I can babysit Travis
tongue.png

I'll take time off from work and stand by your side in court. If anyone should have
chickens it is you.

Just a thought but don't you rescue chickens??? Hint hint. Let's get the media in
on this one too.

Quote:
Thanks so much PC and moosehill
hugs.gif
I think that it's a great idea about getting the media involved and about forming a group, but if we are we're going to have to do it soon, and not put it off. Maybe we can start next Sunday at the coop building party, Moosehill your coming right?

Unfortunately I’ve read too many posts like this one. Does anyone know if there is a Chicken Justice League? I haven’t been able to find one. If there isn’t we should start one. The Goat Justice League brought Seattle the right to keep goats in the city. Here’s what they did. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/333174_goat26.html

I
hope it turns out well for you. I really don't understand this anti-chicken sentiment.

Back
Top Bottom