Weak chick! Not able to stand and is barely opening eyes! Please help!

ChickiesforLIFE

Songster
Mar 19, 2022
I recently bought nine chicks at the feed store to grow my small flock, and the chicks were doing fine until yesterday the smallest one(only 3 days old now) got wet. She had already been slightly weak, tottering around, opening eyes, etc. but after the water was spilled on her she’s having trouble standing. She still hasn’t truly opened her eyes, and is having trouble cheeping. She’s making a small hissing noise.

So far all I’ve done is make sure she’s drinking a small amount of water every couple hours, and have given he a small bit of egg. She’s currently staying is a sleepy state next to a warm water bottle with a weak heat lamp. (I need a new bulb but didn’t want her to be without a lamp, so that’s why I’m using the water bottle)

Please help! Does anyone have any advice? Can I save this chick?

Thank you! How long should I keep her in it, and should she be taken out to have water?
I leave them in until they are looking somewhat normal, and I usually put a Gatorade cap full of water in there for them to drink. Can you post a picture of the chick?

I have the towel in there as she dried much faster and it was harder for the chicks to completely soak her area. I thought the worst thing for her was to be in a damp space. She is currently with one other chick, as she was trying to call the them when she was alone.

Attachments

• 016B4D6C-CA08-42CF-8B03-D66ADCC5D911.jpeg
    016B4D6C-CA08-42CF-8B03-D66ADCC5D911.jpeg
    834.3 KB · Views: 22

Back
Top Bottom