Weak chick! Not able to stand and is barely opening eyes! Please help!

Hi yo
I recently bought nine chicks at the feed store to grow my small flock, and the chicks were doing fine until yesterday the smallest one(only 3 days old now) got wet. She had already been slightly weak, tottering around, opening eyes, etc. but after the water was spilled on her she’s having trouble standing. She still hasn’t truly opened her eyes, and is having trouble cheeping. She’s making a small hissing noise.

So far all I’ve done is make sure she’s drinking a small amount of water every couple hours, and have given he a small bit of egg. She’s currently staying is a sleepy state next to a warm water bottle with a weak heat lamp. (I need a new bulb but didn’t want her to be without a lamp, so that’s why I’m using the water bottle)

Please help! Does anyone have any advice? Can I save this chick?
ur chick probably catched a cold from the water,what you need to do is isolate her and keep her somewhere warm since you have a weak light bulb make sure to put her in the sun as much as you can,you should probably take her to the vet and if you can’t make sure to give her enough water and nutritious food,,personally I would give her orange or tangerine water which is really good try to give her hard boiled egg,if is she didn’t eat it just get a raw egg and give her the yolk with a syringe,you might need to give her sweet water[just water with a litt bit of sugar or honey in it] or you can give her vinegar water [one tablespoon vinegar for one gallon of water]dont give her too much since vinegar is high in acid.just remember to give her food and water 3 times a day and keep her warm,just please don’t give her too much,I hope this helps a bit :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom