Weak Chicks...Speckled sussex*2 died*Update on Survivor

Big Red's Mom

Songster
11 Years
Nov 15, 2008
Terry, Mississippi
I just picked up my 12 chicks from the local co-op.
ya.gif
They order from Ideal. I got 3 Black Aust. 3 silver laced wynd. 3 EEs 3 speckled sussex.
The speckled sussex are small and are not sure on their feet. One is very weak. It will drink and kinda eats. I have them in with the rest for warmth. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to help them get better? I really do not want to lose them.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Please post pics - I have perfectly fine and cute peeps of my own I could be watching (and do, often!), but I want to see yours!! Seriously, good luck getting the little ones healthy - I second the idea of separating the weaker ones. The others don't seem to realize how rude it is to step all over everyone else...

Okay I have gotten some pictures.....The three sussex are doing better. Eating and drinking and moving around better now... Still not as good as the others but better.

Easter Eggers

18639_dscf1325.jpg

White Rocks
18639_dscf1323.jpg

Sussex are the two standing together.
18639_dscf1383.jpg

Black Aust. Silver Laced Wynd. EEs and Sussex
18639_dscf1385.jpg

I am glad I talked the lady at the co op into letting me take her home...Maybe she will make it with alittle TLC.

Well this morning the weak chicks took a turn for the worse...They had been doing better....Late this afternoon I found one dead and the other laying face down. I held her for about an hour before she passed. I had gotten three speckled sussex and I have one left...It looks great...Small but great....Maybe she will make it....I sure hope so.

Last edited:
I am so sorry about your little sussex's
hugs.gif

I have one little sussex that is 4 days behind the other chicks, and she seems so small, but she is a little trooper--has to keep up with the others! I love her already. Please keep us posted on your last little one.

Back
Top Bottom