Wear Your Seatbelts!!!!!

chickensioux

Songster
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Western North Carolina
Yes, I'm shouting that! A dear friend of mine is in critical condition with not much hope for survival. Head on collision, with his son in the car. Both not wearing their seatbelts, both thrown from the car. His son will live but Scott will not.
Please, it only takes a second to buckle up and it only takes a second for your life to change.......

I am so sorry!
hugs.gif
I will pray healing thoughts for both of them! My DS told me once he wouldnt move his car until I latched my buckle...he had heard from a man that used to command aircrafts and now cant even command his own two legs because he chose not to wear a safety belt! I always buckle up now and so does DH! I taught him ( now 19) at two to "Buckle up for safety" and it has stuck!

Quote:
Ditto! Last year my son asked me to start wearing my seat belt. That was last years New Years resolution. I think it is probably the only one in my almost 40 years that I remember keeping. Do it, do it, do it!

I am so sorry to hear about your friend and his son. They are both in my prayers.
hugs.gif

I do wish people would ware there seetbelt more. I dont move without it. Interesting thing is many firemen an medics dont.

What I really wish people would do is stop putting kids in the bed of there truck. We did it as kids an people still do it every day but after seeing what can happen I dont let people in my family do it any more.

Here is a wreck I worked a few years back.
http://www.carsonphotos.net/webpage931.htm
The blue tarp is hideing a 14 year old girl. I put the tarp there an the sheat you can see. I was working on an older girl an had to stand over this girl to do my job. You can see me an my patant in one of the pics at the tailgate of the 911 directors truck waiting on another chopper. Im waring a straw hat. These kids were in lawn chairs in the bed of the truck. The had been swimming an you could see there house from the crash.

Quote:
Bless you for the work you do. My son is alive due to people like you. People wear your seat belts!

Side note:
If my son would not have been wearing a helmet in his accident there would have been no point for rescue workers, so please wear a helmet when driving recreational vehicles.

My MIL, who has all sorts of metal in her body, scars on her legs, and walks with a limp, is only alive because of seat belts. We wear them always.

Back
Top Bottom