wedding plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! This May will be my 25th anniversary--had the traditional church wedding and boring reception. In looking back, what I wish I had done was have a much smaller wedding and reception by the beach. BBQ, shrimp, she-crab soup, tiers of lime pie for the wedding cake and a stack of Krispy Kreme donuts for the groom's cake! Ok, now I've made myself hungry for BBQ on a Lenten friday!
rant.gif

Of course you want your wedding to be memorable, but it should reflect you and your fiance's personalities. Have fun planning it!

thanks hencackle. I know I cant have meat today either. oh well its one day right? mmmmmmm krispykreme donuts are my fave! it its personality I would have the ringbearer as a chicken lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, you definitely should have a chicken as a ring bearer. YES!!! I can see a chicken wearing a white satin saddle with the rings tied in place.

Go here Goose Mother and scroll down to see the ruffled diaper for ideas.

Edited to add link.

Last edited:
My DH and I have been married for 13 years and we had a blast at our wedding. It was fairly inexpensive as weddings go, too. We had the wedding on Thanksgiving weekend and so the church was already decorated for Christmas. My Maid of honor made her and the other girls dresses. I told them what color I wanted (hunter green raw silk) and told them they could choose any pattern they liked since they would have to be wearing them
smile.png
and they chose a two peice dress that looked more like a classy dress than a skirt and top. My mom made my dress. We had a friend video tape the wedding and bought table decorations at a party store. The folks from our small group at church decorated the fellowship hall. The thing we paid big bucks for was the photographer. We got the best one we could round up in Houston and it was worth every penny. We had a reception in the fellowship hall with cake, pnuch and nuts and stuff. Our wedding was at 1 p.m. so we could get away with not feeding a major meal as the reception.

After the wedding and church reception, we had a BBQ at my MIL's home. We had guests coming from all over the US and others flying in from South America and Canada for this afair, so we really wanted to spend more time with them than at the reception. We had a BBQ catered by my cousin (his gift to us) and sat around visiting for quite some time before heading off on our honey moon. I really recommend that you stay somewhere local the first night so you don't feel rushed to catch a plane.

As far as going to wedding extravaganzas, go and get ideas, but just remember that those people are there to make money off of you. My maid of honor found a great vail for me and said she would copy it and have it for me the following week. She was true to her word and it was great.

Mainly, just have a good time. Don't let any one (not even us) talk you into anything that doesn't feel right, even if Aunt Agatha thinks it "just wouldn't be proper to do it any other way."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom