Weird Bill Growth

BabesDucks

Songster
Apr 18, 2021
What is this thing at the top of her bill where it meets her head. I’m thinking keratin overgrowth or fungus? It’s pliable but not soft. Beige in color with tiny black specks. I know her eyes look terrible. She’s my blind rescue. I promise she looks hundreds of times better than she did when I got her. Thanks y’all.

Attachments

• IMG_2935.jpeg
    IMG_2935.jpeg
    444.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2934.jpeg
    IMG_2934.jpeg
    438.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2925.jpeg
    IMG_2925.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2923.jpeg
    IMG_2923.jpeg
    467.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2929.jpeg
    IMG_2929.jpeg
    484 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2933.jpeg
    IMG_2933.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 11
I am not sure what the extra growth is. Have you asked your vet about it? Personally if it doesn’t seem to be causing her pain and the vet checks it out I’d say I’d leave it be, but I'm no expert, just my thoughts. 😝 So glad you rescued this baby! She’s a cutie!

Bless your heart for rescuing her ,, sweet duck!I! I have not seen that before, so I am following this thread to find out what advice you will get.
UPDATE: The vet agrees with me it’s likely keratin overgrowth. We think it might have to do with her molting (for the first time). It doesn’t seem to have grown. We measured it but no way to know if it’s growing inside without symptoms so we are currently monitoring her. I feel in my spirit she’s going to be just fine. 🦆💕🥰

Looks like the same kind of gunk that's around her eyes? Perhaps applying some ointment to it might help clear it.
That’s not discharge around her eyes. I shave them to keep the feathers from growing into her sunken eye. UPDATE: The vet agrees with me it’s likely keratin overgrowth. We think it might have to do with her molting (for the first time). It doesn’t seem to have grown. We measured it but no way to know if it’s growing inside without symptoms so we are currently monitoring her. I feel in my spirit she’s going to be just fine. 🦆💕🥰

Back
Top Bottom