WEIRD EGGS!! Can someone help identify?

chick4chix

Songster
11 Years
Jun 4, 2009
So Cal
These have nothing to do with chickens- but thought someone could help identify them. I posted this on the gardening site too - so far nothing. I found these eggs in my compost this morning- they are soft, clear, football shaped, and about the size of a Vit E capsule, or my fingernail. They are strung end to end like a string of pearls. I held one up to the light and gazed inside with a magnifying glass- there is an embryo inside- but I can't identify it. I've looked everywhere on the internet, and it's not frogs, or toads, or lizards, or snails- what are they??? Anyone know?? I thought perhaps someone had come across this and would know what they are.
smile.png

33387_compost_eggs.jpg

I just saw those too in my garden. In the area there were a lot of millipedes, centipedes, slugs and snails, but I don't know

oh ughhh! I hope not slugs! I was hoping they were something fun I could hatch
lol.png
like "ground dwelling toad/frog/lizard" haha

Quote:
EWWWW!!! OF all the yucky things I dont' mind handling, slugs are NOT one of them!
gig.gif
I stepped on one once barefoot and that sensation has never left- you can't wash off the slime! Even my chickens won't touch them! The one that loves snails took a bite of one once, then spent the next half hour wiping her beak on everything and anything (including me) to try and get the slime off- she eyes any insect I hold out for her now with suspicion haha.

Quote:
EWWWW!!! OF all the yucky things I dont' mind handling, slugs are NOT one of them!
gig.gif
I stepped on one once barefoot and that sensation has never left- you can't wash off the slime! Even my chickens won't touch them! The one that loves snails took a bite of one once, then spent the next half hour wiping her beak on everything and anything (including me) to try and get the slime off- she eyes any insect I hold out for her now with suspicion haha.

The only way to get "slug slime" off that I have found is to grab a hand full of sand and rub, rub, rub! Then soap up.. ewwww!

Back
Top Bottom