Weird PM Glitch?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Lunachick, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I just answered a Pm that I got and usually the "check your chick in box " message goes away. I checked my message and the Mr. Whoot is still there and I keep checking my PMs and it's "Mr Whoot again but it's the same message over and over. I had no other Pms coming in.

Just letting you know! There could be a PM glitch going on....

I thought I was getting very popular or something! hehehe

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

3. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I don't know if I did that right, nothing happened when I did the F5 thing but also I went to delete multiple messages and nothing worked. [​IMG] I'll go back and check your instructions.

4. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    It must be your server reacting to the lunar phase. Mr Woot disappeared for me as soon as I read my message...

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I tried the Ctrl f5 thing again, Mr Whoot is still there cheering me on and I don't have any other messages.... !

6. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    wow that thing did work for me! just hit CTRL and F5 simultanously and it will do like a refresh thingy

7. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I've done this 3 times now, nothing is working for me. I guess it's my end? I mean how long do I hold down Ctrl f5 down for? I had it down a reasonable time and i still have a flashing PM sign. Kinda distracting, if you know what I mean.

8. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I've logged out and came back to the same problem. I should just go to bed. Tomorrow is another day. [​IMG]

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I looked in the database and you have a PM from Scrambled Egg that is unread. Sent on Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:19:54 UTC.

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    How embarrassing....I'm sorry Nifty, that's what it was - Scrambled's message! Sorry to be a bother. I must have been super tired last night or something. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by