Weird things only poultry people get.

Pics
Haha never seen those on a chicken😂😂🤩
I use leg bands.
I used colored numbered bandettes for many years. The problem is they kept coming off.
Then I was lost keeping track. I thought I had a great scheme. Each year their color changed and used the same color coding used for queen bee marking. That way I could tell from a distance how old a bird was. They lost so many bands that I decided to put one on each leg ordering doubles.
It still didn't work. For years, people told me that all serious breeders use wing bands. I didn't like the idea and fought it for a while because you can read the leg bands from a distance and have to handle the bird to read wing bands. I can't catch any of my birds till nighttime but the big advantage is the wing bands stay on for life.
https://www.nationalband.com/poultry-bands/

Last edited:
Oh my lord. A neighbor just came over....
Me: Do you want to meet the chickens?
Neighbor: Uh....sure!
Me: *opens gate to yard* Come on in!
Neighbor: Where are the chickens?
Me: over here, in the coop!
Neighbor:...Wow, it’s big. Why do they need all that space?
(The young birds have 4.5 feet each)
Me:...Uh, why not? They are happy with more space.
Neighbor: no they aren’t. Chickens don’t have any feelings. That’s why it’s ok to have them in really cramped spaces.
Its just anthropomorphism when you say it makes them happy.
Me:.......

Neighbor: no they aren’t. Chickens don’t have any feelings. That’s why it’s ok to have them in really cramped spaces.
That's truly an OMG.

People can be oblivious to other creatures because of the fact of being apex and the superiority. My dad said that dogs have no emotions and only live to serve and that animals purpose is to only be tasty and mindless. I say human are also animals (literally and not in a rude way), and we are not that. So hit the crown off of the head and pull that narcissism out of the ears. People like that are like what happens to a dog when they catch a wif of a warm small animal and mindlessly give chase, the thrill of shinking teeth just for a selfish game that will never be thought of again. @TheOddOneOut you hit that nail in the head. Good thing is that people are changing, maybe a bit to slow but still changing.

Maybe that got a but poetical, sorry. :confused: This is what happens when I drink two cups of delicious tea in a day, help me. :lau

Back
Top Bottom