Weird things only poultry people get.

Pics
Okay, well I have something. Everyone immediately assumes that chickens stink. I have been asked many times, "Do you have the coop far away from your house? The smell must be awful." But, the coop only smells if you neglect your chickens and never clean it out.
For new chicken parents that is always the first question they ask me and I respond with "if it starts to smell, that's a sign you need to clean it more often."
Another question I get is how much time do I need to spend on chickens, "Chickens require less work than a dog but a little more work than a cat. You will find yourself spending more time with them just because you will enjoy them."

Whenever people are at my house, they always want to see the chickens. (Who wouldn't? They're adorable.) So I always take them to the coop. Once the people stand in front of the chickens, they always get kind of nervous and they tentatively ask, "Are your chickens nice? Will they peck me?" I always tell them no, the chickens will not peck them. The people rarely ever pet them though.

A girl I know went all out. She bought an incubator and brooder with all the trimmings. She bought 10 chickens and waited patiently for them to lay eggs. She faithfully gathered eggs every morning and filled her incubator to capacity.
She waited and waited. Day 21 came and went. Day 25 came and went. Nothing. She called me and asked what could be wrong. I said, “ It sounds like your rooster isn’t doing his job.”
Her reply...”But I don’t have a rooster.”
I died.

Back
Top Bottom